Bit Of A Yarn

Kerryn Tomlinson R7 Cromwell

Dougie

Had a decent for me go Rafa Novak for a place today, thought he was great value v some of the Southland battlers,  watched the replay 3 times now he was cruising 3 back most of the race but Tomlinson always had his head right on the head of Nathan Williamson in front of her, parked horse was dropping off and Nathan's urges his horse and he didn't contact Rada Novak but I think spooked him as he was so close and hence broke ........ would have placed for sure and looking forward to our incompetent stewards write up re this.

Of course she come out and wins the following race too ....

36 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Had a decent for me go Rafa Novak for a place today, thought he was great value v some of the Southland battlers,  watched the replay 3 times now he was cruising 3 back most of the race but Tomlinson always had his head right on the head of Nathan Williamson in front of her, parked horse was dropping off and Nathan's urges his horse and he didn't contact Rada Novak but I think spooked him as he was so close and hence broke ........ would have placed for sure and looking forward to our incompetent stewards write up re this.

Of course she come out and wins the following race too ....

I doubt they would even ask the drivers involved what happened. We shall see.

15 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I doubt they would even ask the drivers involved what happened. We shall see.

Looks like you are right.

The horse galloped when driven over marker peg. What happened to put the horse in that situation I think the driver and the one outside her should have been asked a question!

13 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Looks like you are right.

The horse galloped when driven over marker peg. What happened to put the horse in that situation I think the driver and the one outside her should have been asked a question!

Just reading the report - Rafa Novak broke passing the 350 metres.

Thank you Mr Chairman Munro and your 2 probably well paid junior stewards for your extensive report and asking my driver what caused the horse to break.

Also R12 $3 fav Mossdale Lottee breaks when hitting the lead with 200 to go and all they can write is the following.

MOSSDALE LOTTEE - broke over the concluding stages.

And they wonder why punters have no confidence in anyone in harness racing and betting turnover declines.

• Like 1

The Stipes  reports are generally very poor, they state the flippen obvious that anyone can see from replays.

Would not think it would take a lot of training to be a Stipendiary  Steward as what do they actually do?

And yes Dougie, you are correct the tote turnover is definitely declining going by the tote pools that are showing on Trackside.

There has been a lot of racing over Xmas period and some people back at work today, but the couple of races I saw today from Cromwell had very small pools.

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

The Stipes  reports are generally very poor, they state the flippen obvious that anyone can see from replays.

Would not think it would take a lot of training to be a Stipendiary  Steward as what do they actually do?

And yes Dougie, you are correct the tote turnover is definitely declining going by the tote pools that are showing on Trackside.

There has been a lot of racing over Xmas period and some people back at work today, but the couple of races I saw today from Cromwell had very small pools.

Wonder why pool totals for fixed prices aren't given? ... being in Sydney and betting on NZ trots I must use fixed as some place pools don't even hit $1000 hence I was so peeved at a potential $550 place return on her drive yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enteebee said:

I reckon the stipes should have asked the question about Matty's drive on favourite Monty Python about he sustained attack for the lead - cost both horses their chance

Agree, somehow backed into $2 fav in a small field why on earth did he want to be on the speed, could have sat last i would have thought and either gone around them from the turn or through the middle.

Be interesting to see if Monty turns up at the trotting FFA next Thursday at Whyndam or is off for a rest.