Bit Of A Yarn

trackside coverage

the galah

Sometimes you wonder if those making the decisions regarding trackside coverage actually find harness racing nothing more than a nuisance.

Race 2 at nelson just run they cross to the track with 1 minute 45 seconds to go.  

People like myself actually like to see the horses pre race,so I didn't bother investing much,but why are they previewing the last few races at Ellerslie with 2 minutes to go to a nz harness race. Surely anyone with any sense can see that is having a negative impact on turnover. 

I swapped channels to trackside 63 and they were having a 5 minute lead in to a north American gallops race.  same thing happened on day 1 at nelson.

I have rung the tab to complain previously, but its in one ear and out the other for them. 

• Like 4

We are lucky to have Trackside but we were told that when they had channels 62 and 63 they were going to accommodate more of the local market.

They haven’t done this at all, they try and squeeze in as many meetings from all,over the globe and have next to nothing in The pools

• Like 4