Bit Of A Yarn

Wellington Cup - a win for the Girls!

12 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

There was no crowd visible on TV.  Certainly not like 20 yrs ago when everywhere was packed including the infield.

There seemed to be a reasonable crowd but you are right it’s progressivly dropped down in crowd number. 

I don’t think it’s been very well marketed at all in the last few years. It’s also now on a long weekend and a week earlier than a few years back.

I also don’t think the 3 Saturday’s formula works. The Saturday Monday Saturday formula worked much better. 

2 hours ago, Tonkatime! said:

There seemed to be a reasonable crowd but you are right it’s progressivly dropped down in crowd number. 

I don’t think it’s been very well marketed at all in the last few years. It’s also now on a long weekend and a week earlier than a few years back.

I also don’t think the 3 Saturday’s formula works. The Saturday Monday Saturday formula worked much better. 

Agree with all your comments. 
Unfortunately the running the Karaka Million on a Saturday has forced the running to be one week earlier and the people are just not back in Wellington....well the difference between a great crowd and a good one.  
Actually (I was there) and I thought that it was a good crowd for these days. 
With regard to marketing, the wizard from Palmerston North isn’t a wizard if you get my drift.