Bit Of A Yarn

CD harness

Ludwig

I grew up just a few hundred metres from the harness raceway in Palmy. And I look at it now, and it makes me sad. The facilities are still pretty basic, the fields are held together by Michael House and co. And I wonder where is it headed? What's it vision, plan for the future...or just exist as is??

19 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

I grew up just a few hundred metres from the harness raceway in Palmy. And I look at it now, and it makes me sad. The facilities are still pretty basic, the fields are held together by Michael House and co. And I wonder where is it headed? What's it vision, plan for the future...or just exist as is??

Ludwig, you would think that it was on its way out.

Will it last another 5 years? Probably not!

While the South Islanders are still going up it will continue but should they decide that it is not worth it financially, the racing will cease without doubt.

However, there are other clubs also that will be history in the next few years at best.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Ludwig, you would think that it was on its way out.

Will it last another 5 years? Probably not!

While the South Islanders are still going up it will continue but should they decide that it is not worth it financially, the racing will cease without doubt.

However, there are other clubs also that will be history in the next few years at best.

I am surprised it has lasted as long as it has, particularly as that land is in a great spot for new housing. You would certainly think that it's days must be numbered 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ludwig said:

I am surprised it has lasted as long as it has, particularly as that land is in a great spot for new housing. You would certainly think that it's days must be numbered 

There are not any big trainers coming down from the North (why would they with the stakes in Auckland) and you have to wonder the value of Canterbury trainers going there. Good for the trainer but is there value in it for the owner?

I wouldn't be shocked if one day on hrnz it said Palmy was folding.

19 hours ago, Ludwig said:

What's it vision, plan for the future...or just exist as is??

Who would know.