Bit Of A Yarn

GRNZ Leadership = Crap

Yankiwi

12 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

It makes no sense to put up results for races that never took place, does it?
There do not appear to be any positives at present, apart from racing resumption.
Previous advisories posted by the GRNZ on the GRNZ web page have been ignored by RITA?
The participants who begin trialing this week have no clue as to the stakes they will be racing for?
Clubs are scrambling to get trials underway with 48 hours notice.
COVID is still a threat, and the weatherman tells us its all going to turn to shit from this weekend.
Good luck to everyone trialing under those conditions.
The whole thing resembles a second rate circus!

You know, the only second rate circus is the response to the farce and hoax that goes under the name of Covid 19. Eventually they will wake up to the fact, Covid 19 lays somewhere between a heavy cold and the flue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aquaman said:

You know, the only second rate circus is the response to the farce and hoax that goes under the name of Covid 19. Eventually they will wake up to the fact, Covid 19 lays somewhere between a heavy cold and the flue.

That's one way of looking at it. Unfortunately if any participant tests positive once racing begins, that track will shutdown and all will be doing 14 days self isolation. So it is still a threat to racing. I read this morning they closed a South Island meat plant because 4 workers tested positive.

• Like 1

Has anyone been near Addington in the last couple of days?

Morepork claims they have had box trials.

RITA claims only hand slips are allowed.

https://www.rita.org.nz/new-zealand-racing-prepares-resume

While good progress has been made, officials are still finalising Greyhound Racing NZ's (GRNZ) approval for participants to prepare for handslip trials from Tuesday, and confirmation of these protocols is expected to be confirmed early next week. 

Sure hope the Morepork has got this one wrong as I'd hate to think were breaching the new protocols already.

I thought this was new and interesting.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/May 2020/VET STAND DOWNS (1).pdf

Race Falls

Greyhound loses footing entirely and rolls, slides or somersaults 

5 Days irrespective of post-race examination 

Anyways, three new policies that will be getting some peoples attention.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News/2530/New-Stand-Down-Times-and-Policies

Well I see this complaint from years ago still hasn't gone away.

Same training partnership too boot.

image.thumb.png.f9f2b6168aab71adec4bcd90c4d240f6.png

62.1 Any person (including an Official) commits an offence if he/she:

(z) tampers with any rug, Muzzle or other item used on a Greyhound, or uses any substance or item to affect the performance of a Greyhound or Greyhounds

How about it Godber, the complaint was initially sent directly to you. I can't ask Whiterod any longer for known reasons, even though it was he that provided his assurance that the issue would be dealt with and was totally unacceptable. Remember Mikey?