Bit Of A Yarn

Judge's call (PA) on Trackside

Rusty

I do realise there are bigger issues facing racing at the moment than this particular issue, but it may be of interest to some, as it was raised about 6 months ago, but I just received a response pre-lockdown. 

Cast your mind back, to the days where we had NZ racing on our screens (and on our radios too for that matter)...

Things were going ok(ish), then some muppet at Trackside thought they knew best, and decided to ditch any broadcast of the judge's call. Likely to be the producer of Trackside, they decided it was pointless to include the judge's call over the tv or radio. And did we ever find out why, and what the reasoning was behind this? 

After 2 phone calls, and several emails later, I received a response from RITA: 

"We dont broadcast the Judges Call as there is often a delay which inhibits our preview of the upcoming race." 

• Confused 1

In other words there are saying we don't give a toss to see if your investment finished in or out of the money, just get your bet on the next race weather it be coming from timaru or timbuktu, shame on them, another blight on our racing. 

The commentators used to say "I'll leave that one to the judge"

These days they say "I'll leave that one to the judge but you will find XXX will be the winner"

And how often have people had to go and rummage in rubbish bins to find the ticket they just discarded because of a bum opinion.

12 hours ago, Shad said:

In other words there are saying we don't give a toss to see if your investment finished in or out of the money, just get your bet on the next race weather it be coming from timaru or timbuktu, shame on them, another blight on our racing. 

providing you are not running real close to the wind