Bit Of A Yarn

Coronavirus: Holey Pasta's Rebuttal

Depends on what narrative you trying to support.  Has Sweden had a more deaths per head of population than New Zealand?

Is it because they didn't Lockdown or due to other factors?

Was New Zealand's lower number of deaths due to Lockdown or its ability to test, identify, track, trace and quarantine Covid-19 cases?

Why the significant difference between NZ and Australia?

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Depends on what narrative you trying to support.  Has Sweden had a more deaths per head of population than New Zealand?

Check the graph I posted above. The answer is yes. About 40-50 times more per capita.

45 minutes ago, curious said:

To be more exact if we had the same rates per capita as Sweden we would have had 13,000 cases and 1600 deaths.

But if you factor in the other variables we wouldn't have had the same number of cases or deaths.  Let alone the 80,000 deaths that our PM touted.

Of those 1,600 deaths how many would be like the 21 that did die?  That is gone past the departure lounge and boarding the plane?

47 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

But if you factor in the other variables we wouldn't have had the same number of cases or deaths.  Let alone the 80,000 deaths that our PM touted.

Of those 1,600 deaths how many would be like the 21 that did die?  That is gone past the departure lounge and boarding the plane?

'Let alone the 80,000 deaths that our PM touted.'...making shit up Chief-citation needed.

22 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

Chief Running Bare....has now morphed into a magician....and...vanished!?

Note at all.  To enable your freedom of speech (free I might add) someone like myself needs to do work behind the scenes.  So unlike yourself, obviously, I had to make a decision between rebutting your crap or greasing and oiling the cogs of BOAY.

On 13/05/2020 at 5:16 PM, holy ravioli said:

'Let alone the 80,000 deaths that our PM touted.'...making shit up Chief-citation needed.

She did say that.  I'm not going to connect the dots for you as you are obviously lazy and selective but do some deep research on these three organisations - Te Punaha Matatini, Motu.nz and Wigram Capital Investments.

Arden definitely referred to 80,000 in one of her party political broadcasts at 1pm early on in this debacle.

What's more, regardless of what model she did use, the fact is she ignored the Ministry of Health's advice which was we didn't need to go to Level-4.

Further - no one in NZ has died from Covid-19 and no lives were saved because of Lockdown.  However we are borrowing the largest amount of money this country has ever borrowed - over $100 billion.  That's about 30 x what the USA has invested in research for a Covid-19 vaccine.  Go figure!

On 14/05/2020 at 9:07 AM, Bloke said:

The Covid 19 deaths in Sweden now almost 3,500.

What is your point?  What is the percentage of those deaths that are excess mortality?  That is how many died over and above what the normal level of deaths would have been?

59 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What is your point?  What is the percentage of those deaths that are excess mortality?  That is how many died over and above what the normal level of deaths would have been?

My point is that 3500 covid 19 related deaths have happened in Sweden. Those are the official stats not some other method that you are trying to dream up.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

She did say that.  I'm not going to connect the dots for you as you are obviously lazy and selective but do some deep research on these three organisations - Te Punaha Matatini, Motu.nz and Wigram Capital Investments.

Arden definitely referred to 80,000 in one of her party political broadcasts at 1pm early on in this debacle.

What's more, regardless of what model she did use, the fact is she ignored the Ministry of Health's advice which was we didn't need to go to Level-4.

Further - no one in NZ has died from Covid-19 and no lives were saved because of Lockdown.  However we are borrowing the largest amount of money this country has ever borrowed - over $100 billion.  That's about 30 x what the USA has invested in research for a Covid-19 vaccine.  Go figure!

Well Simple Simon said at the announcement of Level 4 that he supported the Government's move 100%. So the same would have happened if he, Benefit, Crusher  and Co were in Government. 

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

So?  5,000 people have died in New Zealand in 7 weeks.  What's your point?

Only 20 odd from Covid 19 in NZ,  Sweden has had 3500 die from covid 19 (official stats)  and still climbing.