Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
holy ravioli

Coronavirus: Holey Pasta's Rebuttal

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Because there is a corollary with what is happening with racing.  Dumb decisions and rules are being made based on poor assumptions derived from bad analysis of bad data.

I see you have not bothered with any sound analysis...a pity ,maybe you could improve things.

This 'jury' seems to be at odds with your learned conclusions!

'

'A global survey of the public relations industry puts the Ardern government top of the pile.

As New Zealand records its second consecutive day of zero new cases of Covid-19, moving cautiously closer towards the goal of “elimination”, the government has received another international plaudit for the response – this time from public relations practitioners.

A survey by Stickybeak for the industry news site Provoke found that New Zealand was selected more than any other country as the most impressive response to the virus. It received just over 20% of votes among the 289 respondents in the PR industry, ahead of Germany on 16.5% and Singapore on 9%. The next most common answer, on 5%, was “none”.Spinoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

A survey by Stickybeak for the industry news site Provoke found that New Zealand was selected more than any other country as the most impressive response to the virus. It received just over 20% of votes among the 289 respondents in the PR industry, ahead of Germany on 16.5% and Singapore on 9%. The next most common answer, on 5%, was “none”.Spinoff.

This has nothing to do with the data that supports the decisions that were made.

All you are quoting is surveys on people's opinion not fact.  One survey done by a PR firm and reported on the Left Wing news site Spinoff.  Good old Toby Manhire - still in their pitching for the Queen Ardern.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

This has nothing to do with the data that supports the decisions that were made.

All you are quoting is surveys on people's opinion not fact.  One survey done by a PR firm and reported on the Left Wing news site Spinoff.  Good old Toby Manhire - still in their pitching for the Queen Ardern.

And you are apolitical?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Sorry can't let you hijack another Topic with your rubbish.

pure comedy gold!

Make your case re..'Because there is a corollary with what is happening with racing.  Dumb decisions and rules are being made based on poor assumptions derived from bad analysis of bad data. '

now drum roll....'good decisions and rules made based on sound assumptions from good analysis of good data'...

Don't be shy.Bol!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Zealand has more hospital beds per head of population than Sweden.

According to the latest announcement we need to throw $4b at the DHB's in part to help clear the 150,000 delayed surgeries because of Covid-19.

Sweden's hospital system was not overwhelmed by Covid-19.

Our's in contrast was underwhelmed with our occupancy rate dropping to below 50%.

 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

New Zealand has more hospital beds per head of population than Sweden.

According to the latest announcement we need to throw $4b at the DHB's in part to help clear the 150,000 delayed surgeries because of Covid-19.

Sweden's hospital system was not overwhelmed by Covid-19.

Our's in contrast was underwhelmed with our occupancy rate dropping to below 50%.

 

Well they have just gone over 3,000 deaths and still climbing and now they are shitting themselves because their experiment is a failure. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bloke said:

Well they have just gone over 3,000 deaths and still climbing and now they are shitting themselves because their experiment is a failure. 

The point I was making is their system was not "overwhelmed" and they coped with less resources than we have out our disposal.

Their curve has flattened.  

Over 5,500 people have died in NZ since lockdown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

New Zealand has more hospital beds per head of population than Sweden.

According to the latest announcement we need to throw $4b at the DHB's in part to help clear the 150,000 delayed surgeries because of Covid-19.

Sweden's hospital system was not overwhelmed by Covid-19.

Our's in contrast was underwhelmed with our occupancy rate dropping to below 50%.

 

Dived straight into the deep water....Sweden had no lockdown- so how did this reflect your measure.i.e-'good decisions and rules made based on sound assumptions from good analysis of good data'...

You try to divert as usual.Our DHB's had 9 years of neglect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Our DHB's had 9 years of neglect.

How many extra ICU beds did Clark's Government provide?

While you are researching that have a quick read of her Government's Pandemic Plan and the research they based it on.  It's all online.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

How many extra ICU beds did Clark's Government provide?

While you are researching that have a quick read of her Government's Pandemic Plan and the research they based it on.  It's all online.

You keep diverting away Chief....can't you substantiate your criticism?Again...

Make your case re..'Because there is a corollary with what is happening with racing.  Dumb decisions and rules are being made based on poor assumptions derived from bad analysis of bad data. ' 🤸‍♂️🦧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

The point I was making is their system was not "overwhelmed" and they coped with less resources than we have out our disposal.

Their curve has flattened.  

Over 5,500 people have died in NZ since lockdown.

Yes but only 20 odd from Covid 19 and Sweden has over 3,000 from Covid 19  and still climbing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bloke said:

Yes but only 20 odd from Covid 19 and Sweden has over 3,000 from Covid 19  and still climbing. 

Obviously your answer is to lock us down until there is a vaccine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bloke said:

Yes but only 20 odd from Covid 19

They didn't die FROM Covid-19 they died WITH Covid-19.  They all had comorbidities that they were dying from anyway.  Most were late stage dementia patients.  Late stage dementia patients largely die from respiratory infections.  Essentially the brain forgets to tell the lungs to breathe properly. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

They didn't die FROM Covid-19 they died WITH Covid-19.  They all had comorbidities that they were dying from anyway.  Most were late stage dementia patients.  Late stage dementia patients largely die from respiratory infections.  Essentially the brain forgets to tell the lungs to breathe properly. 

Piss or get off the..pot...Chief!🚽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Piss or get off the..pot...Chief!🚽

Sorry you will have to elucidate a bit more - which point did you disagree with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Sorry you will have to elucidate a bit more - which point did you disagree with?

once again-Make your case re..'Because there is a corollary with what is happening with racing.  Dumb decisions and rules are being made based on poor assumptions derived from bad analysis of bad data. ' 🤸‍♂️🦧

 

awaiting your-''good decisions and rules made based on sound assumptions from good analysis of good data'... 🐿️

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

still ducking and diving...next time think first..and do some research instead of the usual politically inspired kneejerk reaction.🦃

I have done some research and have posted it.  It is you that hasn't countered with anything of substance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I have done some research and have posted it.  It is you that hasn't countered with anything of substance.

Dumping that file is hardly doing some research.You are meant to save that for Friday afternoon!

 

once again-Make your case re..'Because there is a corollary with what is happening with racing.  Dumb decisions and rules are being made based on poor assumptions derived from bad analysis of bad data. ' 🤸‍♂️🦧

 

awaiting your-''good decisions and rules made based on sound assumptions from good analysis of good data'... 🐿️

Where's a sledgehammer....?🔨you dissed the Govts response as being 'dumb' based on...….

🎯

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Obviously your answer is to lock us down until there is a vaccine?

No you have used a poor example in Sweden to try and justify some sort of point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bloke said:

No you have used a poor example in Sweden to try and justify some sort of point

I don't believe so.  Their excess mortality is 27% due to Covid-19.  You'll find as time goes on that % will drop or even become negative as vulnerable people have died sooner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I don't believe so.  Their excess mortality is 27% due to Covid-19.  You'll find as time goes on that % will drop or even become negative as vulnerable people have died sooner. 

why have they had such a huge jump in unemployment given they haven't had lockdown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I don't believe so.  Their excess mortality is 27% due to Covid-19.  You'll find as time goes on that % will drop or even become negative as vulnerable people have died sooner. 

Mate they are in the shit . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...