Bit Of A Yarn

Unpaid Forfeit&Arrears List in the NZTR Calendar

Arrears List means the list of Arrears kept by NZTR in accordance with Rule 1201

GENERAL1201

An Arrears List shall be kept and, from time to time, published in whole or in part by NZTR. It shall include all Arrears, within the meaning of these Rules, that have been duly notified to NZTR for that purpose. Every entry in the Arrears List shall state:

(a)the date on which such entry was made;

(b)the amount of Arrears and the body or person to whom the Arrearsare owing and payable; and

(c)unless NZTR considers the circumstances do not warrant it, the name of the body or person who is in Arrears and the name of the horse (if any) in respect of which such Arrears are payable. In the case of a Legal Ownership Entity, NZTR may choose to name solely the Racing Manager

• Like 2

There is a list on the NZTR site, but  a pathetic list. The list on the NZTR site does not list the big noters that owe 10's of thousands of dollars. I heard Bernard Saundry on his Facebook Thursday broadcast deny that there was 1.7 million outstanding. He was probably correct as this was a November amount. There has been another 5 months of racing since then so Bernard is probably correct. The amount is possibly much higher. The figures I was quoted and I have no reason to not believe them were 1.7 million of which $750,000 was owed by Trainers. 

NZTR do not want to upset these big players. As one told NZTR a few years  ago "you can't do with out me" so they wrote his debt off.  

• Like 1