Bit Of A Yarn

Someone finally gets it

Enteebee

About $22,500 a week was spent on consultants and $54,000 a week on travel and accommodation.

Consultants? I will wager they are in there fixing the website and staying at flash hotels.

The 2019 report had over $2 million of unexplained expenses, or on average $39,365 a week.

Free bets to the management each week?

While some defend the new management, and to a degree the broom needed to be swept, reading things like this just makes one wonder who the hell is in charge. $2 million dollars of unexplained expenses in 2019? WTF.

Sounds like a finance company on the verge of collapse.

44 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

About $22,500 a week was spent on consultants and $54,000 a week on travel and accommodation.

Consultants? I will wager they are in there fixing the website and staying at flash hotels.

The 2019 report had over $2 million of unexplained expenses, or on average $39,365 a week.

Free bets to the management each week?

While some defend the new management, and to a degree the broom needed to be swept, reading things like this just makes one wonder who the hell is in charge. $2 million dollars of unexplained expenses in 2019? WTF.

Sounds like a finance company on the verge of collapse.

Happy, clearly there has been no one prepared to make it run like a private business.

While they were all being majorly,overpaid, then why would they want to speak up and rock the boat.

I have heard several stories that I won’t repeat but the wastage over the past few years is just mind boggling!

Staff flying all over the country at the punters and now taxpayers expense.
Agency staff have been very disillusioned with their bosses for a long time now.

Restriction on punters, reduced odds and the AML laws have all contributed to loss of turnover for harness hasn’t helped at all!!!

In my opinion the press release lost its way in the final third.  We don't need Commissioners - that's just Government RITA appointees by another name.  I agree with an inquiry to find out who benefited from some of the decisions made.  I've long been told of some rumours about dodgy goings on in the Bookie area and cover ups with regard to staff leaving. 

I guess the New Conservatives are the remnants of Colin Craigs party so never likely to see the inside of parliament buildings.

I don't agree Peters should resign as racing minister as I honestly believe no one from Labour or National has the slightest interest in the racing industry.   If racing stopped tomorrow half of them wouldn't care less and the other half would probably be rejoicing.

When was the last time anyone heard anything from the National spokesperson on racing (if they even have one)

Good to see this Mr Ashton obviously has a genuine interest in racing.

• Like 1