Bit Of A Yarn

Trackside Radio?

19 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Can you translate all that for all the old core listener's?

Unfortunately the old days, the good old days, are done. Well gone. Even oldies like me have to move with the times, that have been forced upon us. 

I do feel for the large sector of "mature" punters. It doesn't sit well with me that so many of the older generation (especially in rest homes) are no longer able to see the race fields in the newspaper, nor listen to the races on the radio. Many are computer illiterate. 

Stop and think how much coin they would have put through the tote in their lifetime (and the tax-take the government would have received) and now they have nothing, as in no races. It's bloody sad. 

• Like 1

I haven't checked out a copy myself lately, but apparently the ODT (Otago Daily Times) are/have been printing race fields in their newspaper. Always a top quality, independent publication, the ODT. 

Well done to the team, and giving the punters what they want. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

9 hours ago, aquaman said:

The ODT is the only independently owned major newspaper left in NZ. It is a fantastic read, and well worth sourcing it from outlets Nth of Otago. Some service stations sell it in CH CH.

100% dead right. 

I think the majority of New World supermarkets in Christchurch sell the ODT. Only problem is, it is very popular, and they tend to sell out well before the end of the trading day. Blame all the oldies rushing down at sparrow's fart to get their copy! God bless them. 

• Like 2