Bit Of A Yarn

Addington Sunday- no ticket sellers already?

Brodie

Called into Addington to have an investment this morning, 28 minutes before first race!

No ticket sellers on!!!

Has Addington already done away with them already?????

No wonder the industry is stuffed if this is the case!

So we are meant to put many notes thru the self service machine While punters stand behind you wanting to Have a wager as well?

Use your phone they say! Well maybe I dont want to use for phone for certain reasons!

People who are new to racing and dont want an account or use a machine are not going to bother going, and there were bugerall there This morning!

Racing is stuffed and I wouldve thought better of Addington raceway to be resorting to this already, as how much would it cost to have one person selling bets for 5 hours???????

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Called into Addington to have an investment this morning, 28 minutes before first race!

No ticket sellers on!!!

Has Addington already done away with them already?????

No wonder the industry is stuffed if this is the case!

So we are meant to put many notes thru the self service machine While punters stand behind you wanting to Have a wager as well?

Use your phone they say! Well maybe I dont want to use for phone for certain reasons!

People who are new to racing and dont want an account or use a machine are not going to bother going, and there were bugerall there This morning!

Racing is stuffed and I wouldve thought better of Addington raceway to be resorting to this already, as how much would it cost to have one person selling bets for 5 hours???????

Brodie you were up too early today young fella . I think you heard the story that the early bird gets the worms - have you got worms Brodie? I went out today and went into Spectators 20 minutes before the first race and there were 3 TAB sellers at the windows. Had a good day and had a collect in the last and the sellers were there for 20 minutes after the last. You are so negative for a young fella and a huge amount of your post for the sake of a couple of minutes is now GARBAGE. You should have hung around for the day and made yourself known instead of a hit and run report.

1 hour ago, JAKH said:

Brodie you were up too early today young fella . I think you heard the story that the early bird gets the worms - have you got worms Brodie? I went out today and went into Spectators 20 minutes before the first race and there were 3 TAB sellers at the windows. Had a good day and had a collect in the last and the sellers were there for 20 minutes after the last. You are so negative for a young fella and a huge amount of your post for the sake of a couple of minutes is now GARBAGE. You should have hung around for the day and made yourself known instead of a hit and run report.

JAKH, great to know that you are able to get out and about at your age!

Good to hear that they still have ticket sellers!

If you read my post,  i was asking if they had already done away with the sellers?

There was absolutely no sellers to be seen in Spectators even setting up, and I was told that it was likely that the Sunday meetings were likely not to be having the ticket sellers!

Pleased  that you enjoyed your outing JAKH!
Negative  you may see most of my comments, however they are often posted as discussion points!

However, JAKH, what I post is often to improve things in harness, and god help us, we certainly need a helluva lot of it at the moment!

Do you often go out to the races nowadays, as there were bugerall oncourse with 25 minutes to the first race.

Edited by Brodie

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

JAKH, great to know that you are able to get out and about at your age!

Good to hear that they still have ticket sellers!

If you read my post,  i was asking if they had already done away with the sellers?

There was absolutely no sellers to be seen in Spectators even setting up, and I was told that it was likely that the Sunday meetings were likely not to be having the ticket sellers!

Pleased  that you enjoyed your outing JAKH!
Negative  you may see most of my comments, however they are often posted as discussion points!

However, JAKH, what I post is often to improve things in harness, and god help us, we certainly need a helluva lot of it at the moment!

Do you often go out to the races nowadays?

Rest easy Brodie yes there were ticket sellers there. Sometimes your informants may be unreliable - " and I was told that it was likely that the Sunday meetings were likely not to be having the ticket sellers!" That was not a discussion point that you were starting with your post that was just a rush of blood to your brain. You really remind of those fella's that used to be in the square in the city at lunchtime on their ladders years ago. Yes that was the Wizard and those religious disciples. What can I call you Brodie Wizard or maybe Brother Brodie? I enjoy a day out when I can and these day time races suit me, you never know what's around the corner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAKH said:

Rest easy Brodie yes there were ticket sellers there. Sometimes your informants may be unreliable - " and I was told that it was likely that the Sunday meetings were likely not to be having the ticket sellers!" That was not a discussion point that you were starting with your post that was just a rush of blood to your brain. You really remind of those fella's that used to be in the square in the city at lunchtime on their ladders years ago. Yes that was the Wizard and those religious disciples. What can I call you Brodie Wizard or maybe Brother Brodie? I enjoy a day out when I can and these day time races suit me, you never know what's around the corner

As I say, great that  there were sellers there today.

They were not in sight when I was there which was disappointing, and they shouldve been there and open earlier than they were JAKH!
I always appreciate a rush of blood to anywhere, are you still able to have that rush of blood nowadays, or You need tablets?

You can call me Brodie Wizard if it make you happy, although I don’t think I can cast any spells that will help racing at the moment!

Good to hear you can get out to the races still, as there didn’t appear to be too many oncourse today unfortunately!

Into bed as you have had a big day today, lights out, sleep well JAKH!

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

As I say, great that  there were sellers there today.

They were not in sight when I was there which was disappointing, and they shouldve been there and open earlier than they were JAKH!
I always appreciate a rush of blood to anywhere, are you still able to have that rush of blood nowadays, or You need tablets?

You can call me Brodie Wizard if it make you happy, although I don’t think I can cast any spells that will help racing at the moment!

Good to hear you can get out to the races still, as there didn’t appear to be too many oncourse today unfortunately!

Into bed as you have had a big day today, lights out, sleep well JAKH!

Brodie Wizard all you need now is a stepladder and you could setup in Cathedral Square and spread the good word of Harness Racing. Pleased to report that the circulation is great and no medical intervention needed. Just to finish off the day just going through "The Forestry Amendment Act" to see what that's going to mean to some of the local forestry owners. Good night.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JAKH said:

Brodie Wizard all you need now is a stepladder and you could setup in Cathedral Square and spread the good word of Harness Racing. Pleased to report that the circulation is great and no medical intervention needed. Just to finish off the day just going through "The Forestry Amendment Act" to see what that's going to mean to some of the local forestry owners. Good night.

JAKH,you  are a hard case for 85,

You are too witty for a rest home, you should check yourself out!