Bit Of A Yarn

Partiality/Favourtism

Mark D

An observation that the TAB's cost cutting has not been made on an objective basis.  I notice on TV today that Andre Neill is still doing his on track stuff at Matamata - I thought all contractors were gone? Then we have bookmaker Stephen Hunt still commenting on Trackside - I thought that all the bookmaking had been contracted out so why is he still there?

Nothing against those guys personally - they are far from the worst - but it screams out favouritism.

3 hours ago, Mark D said:

An observation that the TAB's cost cutting has not been made on an objective basis.  I notice on TV today that Andre Neill is still doing his on track stuff at Matamata - I thought all contractors were gone? Then we have bookmaker Stephen Hunt still commenting on Trackside - I thought that all the bookmaking had been contracted out so why is he still there?

Nothing against those guys personally - they are far from the worst - but it screams out favouritism.

I thought Andre was operating independently  (Facebook - Racing This Time). I wasn't aware that he was contracted to fulfill any industry paid on-course work, but I am happy to be told differently if I am wrong.

17 hours ago, All The Aces said:

I was talking with Andre at Awapuni.  Racing This Time is Andre's own venture and nothing to do with the TAB.

Ok apologies to Andre I thought he was still doing his on course stuff for the TAB which I thought was a bit strange given that they've given up on on-course

7 hours ago, Chimbu said:

In regard to the interviews with TAB bookies - I find them painful. I just roll my eyes and shake my head when I hear them making a big thing out of $500-$1000 bets. Talk about small fry!

Gee I wouldn't mind 500 to bet on a race,anyway I find the bookies telling us all these bets rather annoying,as well as the this horse trading this and this horse trading that,its not so bad just telling the odds but just a slightly less indulgence in some of the talk would be better,well that's what I reckon anyway.