Bit Of A Yarn

Khafeef

Guest CrossCodes

Guest CrossCodes

I wonder what type of money they paid for this horse?

After today’s inglorious performance you would hope not a lot, not that the syndicater would mind as they aren’t the ones paying all the money.

A NZ cup they had in mind, I’d suggest  a Greymouth or Stewart Island Cup may be a more realistic target.

Maybe Lethal could go for a trip too and try and win a maiden and recoup 0.05 percent of what they paid for him.

Syndicaters from this stable must be laughing all the way to the bank with the sucker owners they have in some of those syndicates, but hey, it’s all about the fun right? I’m sure they were having fun watching those horses not even being up to Timaru standard on a weekday meeting today.

4 hours ago, Shad said:

No givens in this game, level playing field whether you spend 3k or 300k pay your money and take your chances, can't buy a winner that's for sure

If its a level playing field no matter what you pay then why do they pay so much for their horses?

Participants have a choice whether they buy in or not, so do your research and make your decision, no one twisting your arm, did see an add where they purchased one out of Australia, was a 300k purchase as a yearling, had 4 starts, and I think they bought it for 27k to syndicate.

You said you get the same from a 3k purchase as you do a 300k purchase,  that's clearly not the case. If it was they'd all cost the same, there arent many shortcuts in this game  but one of them is spending a lot if money on horses, statistically you're bound to get a few very horses particularly if you're buying up the stock of top sires.

59 minutes ago, Shad said:

I was meaning you have just same chances of winning a race whether you buy cheap horses or expensive ones, no guarantees either way,many rags to riches story in the racing game.

So what youre saying is everyone sending a mare to Savabeel ,Per Incanto or Darci Brahma are mugs and they should be sending them to $500 stallions? 

6 hours ago, Shad said:

Not at all, pay your money and makes your choice, you can send them to the best sires in the world,at the end of the day doesn't guarantee you winner, in my opinion. 

Nothing guarantees a winner , but certain sires have a better chance of leaving them than others.

• Like 1