Bit Of A Yarn

Mark Dunnett

Guest CrossCodes

Guest CrossCodes

The money certainly went astray on this hot favourite today.

I couldn’t take the short odds even though it’s trial was impressive, as let’s face it, Negus wins the odd amateur race these days but that’s about it, hard to believe he trained Courage Under Fire! Just shows that anyone can train a really good horse:

There will be a few horses going around today well under the odds just off the back of a half decent trial, could be a day for real roughies!

33 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

The money certainly went astray on this hot favourite today.

I couldn’t take the short odds even though it’s trial was impressive, as let’s face it, Negus wins the odd amateur race these days but that’s about it, hard to believe he trained Courage Under Fire! Just shows that anyone can train a really good horse:

There will be a few horses going around today well under the odds just off the back of a half decent trial, could be a day for real roughies!

Wouldn't pot a horse for failing at Methven.Long grass makes track dead and brings good horses back to the field. 

• Like 2

Yes Richie, punting today is a real gamble, grass is long and many slow horses will be placed!

Geez even the Spitfire ran 4th!

Hard when there is no recent grass track form, and so the real one paced horses have their chance.

Note the AllStars dont line their horses up as I believe it must be very taxing on the legs of horses when the track is slow!