Bit Of A Yarn

When Last is First!

The Poms do Benny Hill so well!

Although our Stipes have nothing to be smart about....

The same sort of thing happened when Oulaghans Chaser FELL...to the requirements of the Internationial Federational de Equestrianione thingy explanation

i.e. both shoulder and hindquarter contacting the ground..which it did while sliding for 20M...

Should have been a withdrawal...nek minute...it WINS!

Rubber stamped by the hopeless RIU who ignored the rule....ok?

Sorry T , but if the horse had left Kuru 20M behind , got to it's feet and stood there and Kuru walked 20M and remounted the horse and went on to win the race , what happens ? , is it disqualified ?, or does it retain the win . My understanding is that the horse wins , i stand to be corrected tho .

Here's the rule

1. (c)  if a horse and/or Rider falls or gets away from its Rider after a race has started, that horse shall take no further part in the race

Kuru actually yelled out to the Clerk of the Course...."is it ok to carry on"

The COC should have known the tule and said NO

Stipe Goodwin then rang around his Stipe mates and asked "how can we bend the rules for this"

And they made up some b/s story about "oh it was all in one motion...that's the difference"

Yea na...And the rule still fails to mention the definition of a fall as described by the International Federation of Equestrians

So Goodwin could make up another cock and bull load of bollocks like last time...

37 minutes ago, Thomass said:
  1. (c)  if a horse and/or Rider falls or gets away from its Rider after a race has started, that horse shall take no further part in the race

Are you sure that rule covers Jumping racing , always been accepted that horses can fall and be re mounted to finish the race and receive any purse attached to it's finishing position .

As i stated the rule may have changed but i have not heard of that change .

I think it has changed, N.M,  I seem to recall noticing that fairly recently...in the last 3 - 4 years anyway.  It used be part of the entertainment watching a member of the public [ ex jock usually ] remounting a fallen runner and cantering down to the post.  Not too many volunteered when there were still jumps to negotiate though!

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Are you sure that rule covers Jumping racing , always been accepted that horses can fall and be re mounted to finish the race and receive any purse attached to it's finishing position .

As i stated the rule may have changed but i have not heard of that change .

Yes NM, this was in before this incident as well, Cameron George didn't like the idea of mounting possibly injured horses and making them jump more fences

639 In a Jumping Race a horse which, refusing to jump an obstacle, is led over it by a person or which is given a lead over an obstacle by a person not riding in the Race, shall be, in addition to any other penalty which may be imposed, disqualified for that Jumping Race.

640 (1)

The following provisions apply to Hurdle Races and Steeplechase Races:

(a) in every case where the course to be run is not wholly enclosed by rails or where part of the course is indicated by a special mark of any description, a Stipendiary Steward or official appointed by the Stipendiary Stewards for the purpose shall on the day of the Race explain, indicate or point out to all Riders the course and all flags, posts, drums and boundary marks being used. Any subsequent removal or alteration of any flag, post, drum or boundary mark indicating the course and any new flag, post, drum or boundary mark shall not, unless explained, indicated or pointed out to all Riders by a Stipendiary Steward or other Official of the Race Meeting, have any effect for any purpose in connection with the course;

1. (b)  if a horse misses a jump its Rider shall not proceed in the Race until the horse has negotiated the jump;

2. (c)  if a horse and/or Rider falls or gets away from its Rider after a race has started, that horse shall take no further part in the race. 

3. (d)  where there is a flight of hurdles, including a brush hurdle, or a moveable steeplechase fence which has to be jumped more than once and in the course of the first or any subsequent time over such hurdles or fence a panel therein is knocked over, it shall be permissible but not obligatory to re-erect, replace or remove such panel before the next time round provided however that no such panel may be re-erected or removed until all horses still retaining their Riders and in the Race have passed over that jump on the round where such panel was knocked over; 

• Champ Post 1