NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Dalgety Horses

Guest CrossCodes

23 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

ok where is porky paul grives now days he could train a horse to win first up

Not sure haven't seen him for ages.His daughter Amanda Grieve is stable foreman for Cran Dalgety,after being a good trainer in her own right in Australia.Last I heard Paul wasn't in best of health but that was a couple of years ago.Yep Porky was a good trainer,he spent a long time in Aussie as stable foreman for Dennis Wilson.I assume he still over there.

• Like 1

Guest CrossCodes
2 hours ago, Portfolio said:

Butt/Cox stable is really struggling. It’s a shame

Yes, really makes you wonder how you can go from being a trainer of superstars to a trainer who can't get a win at the likes of Forbury, Johnny Cox was doing better when just training his own. A shame, as it makes you wonder whether some of their champions were really that, or whether they were 'helped'.

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

'helped'

I agree....that a good barrier draw always helps.

There are so many factors that come into getting a good horse or good horses to a high level that jumping to a conclusion like that is a bit far. Were they ever caught 'helping'?

They still have some handy types, just not topliners. The same could be said for many trainers who used to have a good horse but now they don't. Its cyclical for many.

The partnership is just starting out so I would give it a chance to get going. Tim Butt is not at the lofty heights he once was but still has winners and getting stakes money which is more than most.

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I agree....that a good barrier draw always helps.

There are so many factors that come into getting a good horse or good horses to a high level that jumping to a conclusion like that is a bit far. Were they ever caught 'helping'?

They still have some handy types, just not topliners. The same could be said for many trainers who used to have a good horse but now they don't. Its cyclical for many.

The partnership is just starting out so I would give it a chance to get going. Tim Butt is not at the lofty heights he once was but still has winners and getting stakes money which is more than most.

I agree that trainers go thru good and bad patches, but when they struggle to win at Forbury or the likes, it’s a little concerning.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Yes, really makes you wonder how you can go from being a trainer of superstars to a trainer who can't get a win at the likes of Forbury, Johnny Cox was doing better when just training his own. A shame, as it makes you wonder whether some of their champions were really that, or whether they were 'helped'.

Since the arsenic "tonic" was outlawed the Premier Stables results have been poor. Perhaps that is just a coincidence, but perhaps the masking agent tonic "helped" them?