Bit Of A Yarn

ALLSTARS Win Christmas Cup

Gammalite

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Bullshit Mikie.  The fact is I wasn't bothered about the post.  A bit like Harewood it seems.  Then Gammalite mentioned he wasn't getting any support for his view so I analysed the race - watched it about five times and came to a similar conclusion to him.  Although his initial post was about congratulating the Kiwi's on winning the race!

So now I'm supporting Gammalite, Brodie and Harewood?  Just because I disagreed with your assessment of the race?  

No, not because you disagree with me, but because you have no real idea 

Mikie

5 minutes ago, Mikie said:

No, not because you disagree with me, but because you have no real idea 

Mikie

Obviously enough of an idea to give you a run for your money.

But Mikie you are the expert on Betfair, harness driving and harness fullstop.  I'm just a mere enthusiast that has worked in the industry and had some skin in it.  

So I defer to your immense knowledge and superior intellect.  There is obviously considerable corruption in Harness racing.

Just so happens I agree with Gammalite. 

Merry Christmas Mikie.

15 minutes ago, Mikie said:

What a nice person Grant must be

A forgiving type

Yes I'm quite sure I did Gammalite

Did you?

Mikie

Yeah , I think he was feeling more guilty than forgiving. But you can't do anything about poor Stipe decisions.

I only got suspended once , and that was to take the blame for another poor young chap on a badly hanging horse as it didn't worry me. couple of weeks on the French Riviera to enjoy !  (sideline anyway ...lol) 

Poor Pete did absolutely nothing wrong in our Christmas Cup , (IMO),  victim of circumstance . 

Grant and I were scratching our heads ,but  onward and upward !!!

Was trying to make it to the Auckland Cup posting but you've tired me out Mikie. As a magic race for GAMMALITE , but been battling Galah (with the Amazing Dream drive) and Forbury (with every drive , every race he watches..lol) so might leave you to battle with Brodie and Karrots for now. All the best and merry Christmas  Gammalite 

p.s Davis posted something nice about an NZ mare in the states yesterday , which was great reading .

40 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Yeah , I think he was feeling more guilty than forgiving. But you can't do anything about poor Stipe decisions.

I only got suspended once , and that was to take the blame for another poor young chap on a badly hanging horse as it didn't worry me. couple of weeks on the French Riviera to enjoy !  (sideline anyway ...lol) 

Poor Pete did absolutely nothing wrong in our Christmas Cup , (IMO),  victim of circumstance . 

Grant and I were scratching our heads ,but  onward and upward !!!

Was trying to make it to the Auckland Cup posting but you've tired me out Mikie. As a magic race for GAMMALITE , but been battling Galah (with the Amazing Dream drive) and Forbury (with every drive , every race he watches..lol) so might leave you to battle with Brodie and Karrots for now. All the best and merry Christmas  Gammalite 

p.s Davis posted something nice about an NZ mare in the states yesterday , which was great reading .

Brodie's picked up his toys and buggared off

I have never battled with Karrots

You seem to think that I am "battling" you merely because I think some drives in a race look very suspicious. It's called disagreeing Gammalite

I agree with you about the Amazing Dream drive so why do you get so upset about me disagreeing with you on another matter?

Mikie

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Obviously enough of an idea to give you a run for your money.

But Mikie you are the expert on Betfair, harness driving and harness fullstop.  I'm just a mere enthusiast that has worked in the industry and had some skin in it.  

So I defer to your immense knowledge and superior intellect.  There is obviously considerable corruption in Harness racing.

Just so happens I agree with Gammalite. 

Merry Christmas Mikie.

No, again I don't agree, I don't think you have given me any run for my money

I'm not an expert on Betfair but I can see something fishy when 1 race attracts 25% more money than any other race, and most of it is on one horse to be beaten

I think I'm more expert than you on harness, that's correct

I don't think I'm more expert than you on T/B tracks or T'B AWT'S and that's why I don't post on this threads

Do I think that there's something rotten going on in Ozzie harness racing? Yes I do

Have a look at Hollywood Rooki's video at Canberra, a 31 start maiden previous to 2 wins in a row, where the horse goes within a second of a Derby winner's track record under double wraps, and tell me it isn't running without help

Look at Race 7 at Globe Derby last Saturday night won by Gaita Pullicino (who unbelievably has her licence back). Tell me why a brother and sister in the lead and the death run along so much when the death horse's record from the death is terrible. 

Mikie

Edited by Mikie

Peter McMullen is a very good driver, his drive on Will The Wizard a week ago in a good 3yo race has been applauded on sites in Australia

So why or how did he cock his drive up so badly on King Of The Stars that he got 3 weeks holiday for being incompetent (I think the Australian wording is unacceptable)

Any one? Chief?

Mike

Edited by Mikie

25 minutes ago, Mikie said:

I'm not an expert on Betfair but I can see something fishy when 1 race attracts 25% more money than any other race, and most of it is on one horse to be beaten

It's not "fishy" when there is a clear cut hot favourite who has drawn 1 in a harness race - the smart money would lay the horse.  Quoting Dixon from Gammalite's post if "he'd drawn 2 then it would have been a different story."

3 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Peter McMullen is a very good driver, his drive on Will The Wizard a week ago in a good 3yo race has been applauded on sites in Australia

So why or how did he cock his drive up so badly on King Of The Stars that he got 3 weeks holiday for being incompetent (I think the Australian wording is unacceptable)

Any one? Chief?

Mike

What's the point of continuing the discussion?  You are convinced that the race was corrupt and dodgy.  Nothing that I, or anyone else posts will change your mind.  If you read the entire Stewards report for the meeting there were a number of drives where horses were not driven to their normal racing pattern.  I'd put that down to race circumstance - you'd put it down to a conspiracy.

With regard to the McMullen drive - he went forward seeking to get the lead or to sit outside the leader.  He failed to achieve that - didn't have the horse flesh to do it.  Yep should have stayed where he was.  But did it make a material difference to the race?  No.  Ok they ran a quarter in 28 followed by one in 31 - not unheard of.  The only horses chances that were affected was the one McMullen was driving.

15 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

It's not "fishy" when there is a clear cut hot favourite who has drawn 1 in a harness race - the smart money would lay the horse.  Quoting Dixon from Gammalite's post if "he'd drawn 2 then it would have been a different story."

The smart money would lay a hotpot because it drew 1?

You're a dreamer Chief

But hey, you think you are an expert in T/B's and harness

I think you are a couple sammies short of a picnic

We are all entitled to our views

Mikie

9 minutes ago, Mikie said:

The smart money would lay a hotpot because it drew 1?

I should have said "consider" laying the horse.  I haven't looked at Colt 31's previous races but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pattern of being beaten for early speed.  Bit like Amazing Dream in that regard.  If there was a pattern then why wouldn't you lay the horse?  As it was Dixon had to get creative when he swung on the horse to get off the marker so quick.  Otherwise he would have been shuffled as the race progressed.

9 minutes ago, Mikie said:

I think you are a couple sammies short of a picnic

We are all entitled to our views.  Just as you are entitled to promote your conspiracy theory about Aussie Harness.

As for Lilac Flash moving four wide to let King Of The Stars out.  That's nonsense.  Just had another three looks at the race.  King of the Stars was on Colt 31's back.  Dixon skittles Lilac Flash to get out (Dixon got fined) and all King of the Stars did was stay on the back of Colt 31 who got to one out leaving King of the Stars parked three wide.  Now you could argue that was a dumb move but it certainly wasn't facilitated by Lilac Flash.

18 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

As for Lilac Flash moving four wide to let King Of The Stars out.  That's nonsense.  Just had another three looks at the race.  King of the Stars was on Colt 31's back.  Dixon skittles Lilac Flash to get out (Dixon got fined) and all King of the Stars did was stay on the back of Colt 31 who got to one out leaving King of the Stars parked three wide.  Now you could argue that was a dumb move but it certainly wasn't facilitated by Lilac Flash.

Fair enough

So now tell me, why would KOTS stay on COLT's back and end up 3 wide? He was going to be 1 out, 2 back. Why, on a lessor horse, would he go 3 wide? He couldn't have thought for 1 second that COLT would hand the death up to an inferior horse would he?

Mikie

8 minutes ago, Mikie said:

So now tell me, why would KOTS stay on COLT's back and end up 3 wide?

Pass.  Perhaps for the same reason Colt 31 didn't want to stay on the back of the horse it was behind.  Which incidentally died in a hole a fair way out. 

I don't disagree it was a dumb move but was it a deliberate move to make Colt 31 lose?  Yeah na.  If that was the case then he would have kept on attacking.  If he'd known he was going to get 3 weeks then maybe he would have.

22 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Pass.  Perhaps for the same reason Colt 31 didn't want to stay on the back of the horse it was behind.  Which incidentally died in a hole a fair way out. 

I don't disagree it was a dumb move but was it a deliberate move to make Colt 31 lose?  Yeah na.  If that was the case then he would have kept on attacking.  If he'd known he was going to get 3 weeks then maybe he would have.

So one of the best Drivers in Ozzie gets 3 weeks for incompetence

And you think it was just a dumb decision?

Say no more Chief, we can agree to disagree

Mikie

Edited by Mikie

Ok so I watched this race once and wasn't paying too much attention. I didn't see anything really. But maybe I need to re-watch it and then slow it down again and watch it again in slow motion. 

I have briefly skimmed over these posts about the race. I'd need to read both sides of the debate properly and also do so re-watch properly 👀, which I'm not going to do, 

But as I said at initial glance, I didn't see anything. 

No never had a disagreement with Mikie. Quite the contrary. If I did it wouldn't bother me. I'd be fine to take a different view from him and would be happy to debate him. 

21 hours ago, Mikie said:

Brodie's picked up his toys and buggared off

I have never battled with Karrots

You seem to think that I am "battling" you merely because I think some drives in a race look very suspicious. It's called disagreeing Gammalite

I agree with you about the Amazing Dream drive so why do you get so upset about me disagreeing with you on another matter?

Mikie

Yeah I know Mikie, you are right ! Yes call it disagreeing instead of battling is fine. 

Yes I fully admit getting upset EVERYTIME I read a post accusing Cheating. Not just you, but anyone, I just can't Help myself !! It is such a serious accusation ! You wouldn't like it I'm sure? 

You might think Chief and I are nutters and know nothing because we're 'Disagreeing with 'some' of your assessments, and lots of Cheat allegations everywhere,. IT HURTS ME TO SEE THOSE ALLEGATIONS>

once again thank you for the Amazing Dream support.

I FULLY respect your opinion because you trained 300 winners (A very fine achievement !! congratulations !!) and am writing this return back, because of that respect.

Don't forget I would go in and battle with the Stewards as well , in Pete's defence, in that QLD cup race , but we've 'battled and disagreed' that one to Death already. Don't be so hard on Chief, he maybe hasn't driven races.

Pete, Grant, Mark Purdon, Nat, Are all GREAT people , been in the game ALL OF THEIR LIVES, I know them all and have witnessed their ability , (EXCEPTIONAL is my rating) well 'every week for decades 'virtually. They don't deserve the Tag of Cheats that Blossom, Galah and others Loves to bandy about.

Enjoy the racing I say !!!! too many for looking for the bad things all the time? that's the stewards / Swabs Job ??