Bit Of A Yarn

Dean McKenzie: WHY THE F CAN I NOT WATCH A RACE ON MY PHONE WITHOUT 5 SECONDS OF BUFFERING?

Chief Stipe

45 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

And no, not full screen mode. I expand the normal-sized player to make it bigger, as opposed to using full screen.

Home internet and data works perfectly fine, unless the TAB is having 'issues'.

You may be fine SLB but I just did those tests and it doesn't work for me.  Others have complained as well. Perhaps I'm a restricted punter and I don't even know it.

On 7/01/2021 at 6:51 PM, Chief Stipe said:

OK you are the elite.  What about the 72% who have android phones?

Ha Ha, I am hardly elite. 
I suggest it is your internet, download Speedtest App. I used to have pretty average internet, until we moved, now we have no issues, and trust me, with everything connected to internet, can be up to 25 devices at times. 

Just now, Newmarket said:

Ha Ha, I am hardly elite. 
I suggest it is your internet, download Speedtest App. I used to have pretty average internet, until we moved, now we have no issues, and trust me, with everything connected to internet, can be up to 25 devices at times. 

No its not my internet.  It is something to do with a clash between the TAB App and the pop out streaming service.  As I said above I watched a race via Loveracing in full screen mode and no buffering. 

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

No its not my internet.  It is something to do with a clash between the TAB App and the pop out streaming service.  As I said above I watched a race via Loveracing in full screen mode and no buffering. 

Well check with speedtest, you can check home internet and mobile. 
Just checked mine, home fibre around 100mbps download, 25mpbs upload, that is good for chch. 

Checked Iphone on spark, 20mbps download,3mbps upload. Only time i have buffering issues, is when i am using crap spark 3g or 4g

30 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Well check with speedtest, you can check home internet and mobile. 
Just checked mine, home fibre around 100mbps download, 25mpbs upload, that is good for chch. 

Checked Iphone on spark, 20mbps download,3mbps upload. Only time i have buffering issues, is when i am using crap spark 3g or 4g

LOL trust me I've had 35 successful in IT and I've tested the speed.

Others have complained about it and my testing and analysis has led to the conclusion it is a conflict with the TAB App and the TAB streaming pop out on my Android.

Hell I can watch HD movies streaming on my phone without any buffering.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

LOL trust me I've had 35 successful in IT and I've tested the speed.

Others have complained about it and my testing and analysis has led to the conclusion it is a conflict with the TAB App and the TAB streaming pop out on my Android.

Hell I can watch HD movies streaming on my phone without any buffering.

Maybe after 35 years you need to get up with the play. 
I have an old android phone, and a samsung tablet thats 6 years old. Both work fine of home fibre, both terrible on phone network. 
So you have not used speedtest, rather go on what you have known since 1985? 

If anybody else is having issues, do use speedtest app, i think it will help

15 hours ago, Newmarket said:

So you have not used speedtest, rather go on what you have known since 1985? 

If anybody else is having issues, do use speedtest app, i think it will help

You have become fixated on your solution.  You don't work for TAB NZ IT help desk do you?

Of course I've used Speedtest even though I prefer other options which give a more detailed analysis.  MY BROADBAND ACCESS SPEED IS NOT THE PROBLEM!  

But just to make you happy!  See attached image.  Note anything over 25Mbps is considered GOOD for HD Streaming.

Screenshot_20210111-124327_Chrome.jpg