Bit Of A Yarn

Jamie Richards - Top Trainer

On 25/01/2021 at 11:55 AM, Thomass said:

Did their stock arrive on the boat from Scotland to Dunners or were they in the first boats to CHCH...and onto a glorious education at Christ's College....

...where the finest men in the history of the World arrived to make life in the Colonies bearable and meaningful?

You part of the first boaters freda?

Paul went to St Kevin's Oamaru so I don't think he was a first four ships man no Thomass.  Hailed from Southland I think but of course apprenticed to one of the true Masters Rex Cochrane then rode for years for the Andertons while running a fairly successful stable himself.

There is a bit of pedigree there when it comes to training winners and when you combine that with the quality of stock and the systems TA provides well that is what happens. 

For all that TA is lucky to have all the Richards aboard.  Great family every one of them

• Like 2

Oh Oamers!

That definitely a Celtic name and hailing from the big O I'm picking they hit the beaches of St. Clair and went North young man....stonemasons to Ohmers...now onto Hinuera stone country...

Tell me I'm wrong..if Jammie can't make it in the training ranks he'd easily be able to turn his hand to working with Hinuera stone...with that kind of rootstock

Makes sense...

...and Celts are renouned for their handsomeness....

...I spotted the fairer sex of the family the other day...and if she can't make it as a super model I'd eat me sock

On 24/01/2021 at 5:43 AM, Freda said:

Our local club was put on notice that the stabling for their runners would have to be properly cleaned and fresh bedding laid.  As it should be for all visitors, but this team was the only one that insisted.

That's an interesting one Pam

As a long term tenant of their facility I wonder what they would do if - say - you complained about(for instance) the state of the training tracks and 'insisted' on them being rectified and brought up to an impeccable standard?

Seems there is one rule for Big Dave(I wonder if he pays rent for all the time those horses spend down here) and another rule for everybody else at the CJC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomass said:

Oh Oamers!

That definitely a Celtic name and hailing from the big O I'm picking they hit the beaches of St. Clair and went North young man....stonemasons to Ohmers...now onto Hinuera stone country...

Tell me I'm wrong..if Jammie can't make it in the training ranks he'd easily be able to turn his hand to working with Hinuera stone...with that kind of rootstock

Makes sense...

...and Celts are renouned for their handsomeness....

...I spotted the fairer sex of the family the other day...and if she can't make it as a super model I'd eat me sock

He didn't live in Oamaru ya dickhead!

St Kevins is a boarding school FFS!

He was brought up somewhere in Northern Southland or South Otago I believe .  Farming family