Bit Of A Yarn

Forbury Tips: Finding a new Raphoe...

Happy Sunrise

Good memories of Raphoe winning at Forbury and making 'trotech' when they called us geniuses (Harewood too, he must receive due credit from RC) so we need to find a Raphoe...

Gosh, I feel like going rough tomorrow. Not sure why but I do.

I would really like to back Shardan Suzie (FF7.50 and FF2.70) tomorrow night but I am not sure of the draw, even though she has shown gate speed before. She has good form at Addington in stronger races but that draw. If you could guarantee me a good run I would be in big time.

Instead, I will plump for Old Oake Emma in the same race, drawn 2 at 4.50FF. She has a much better draw, Blair Orange on, should get a quiet run. The last run at Blenheim was ok after being wide and sitting parked but she stuck at it ok. The previous run to that she was never in it from her draw but ran 2.58.9 for the 2400m. If she gets a soft run tomorrow night a time like that will stack up.

For an absolute bolter for the place, I will go Bhakti at 7.50FF. Trotech makes incredibly sorry reading but I think it will get the rails and hang on for 3rd....I shouldn't really be sharing this lol ?

image.png.4afae44568af7e25b5addf31ce09bd57.png

Share some tips, fellas, they can't be as rough as mine!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Good memories of Raphoe winning at Forbury and making 'trotech' when they called us geniuses (Harewood too, he must receive due credit from RC) so we need to find a Raphoe...

Gosh, I feel like going rough tomorrow. Not sure why but I do.

I would really like to back Shardan Suzie (FF7.50 and FF2.70) tomorrow night but I am not sure of the draw, even though she has shown gate speed before. She has good form at Addington in stronger races but that draw. If you could guarantee me a good run I would be in big time.

Instead, I will plump for Old Oake Emma in the same race, drawn 2 at 4.50FF. She has a much better draw, Blair Orange on, should get a quiet run. The last run at Blenheim was ok after being wide and sitting parked but she stuck at it ok. The previous run to that she was never in it from her draw but ran 2.58.9 for the 2400m. If she gets a soft run tomorrow night a time like that will stack up.

For an absolute bolter for the place, I will go Bhakti at 7.50FF. Trotech makes incredibly sorry reading but I think it will get the rails and hang on for 3rd....I shouldn't really be sharing this lol ?

image.png.4afae44568af7e25b5addf31ce09bd57.png

Share some tips, fellas, they can't be as rough as mine!

Yes happy, I remember raphoe being pooh poohed by some punters on the other site that only liked to back $1.30 favs from a certain stable ...and it did the job twice at big odds!!!

Forbury tonight

R6 sugar cane $11

R10 machie mac $3.8

Good luck all those brave enough tonight.

R10

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Do you like the Brian Norman and DD factor? Not put off by Gray letting it go?

At his best, he would be tough to beat.

Yes sugar cane was racing so well in much better fields from the mobile and lost form...hopefully a bigger drop to forbury grade helps

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Do you like the Brian Norman and DD factor? Not put off by Gray letting it go?

Hi Happy,

No, not worried about the change of stable before the last start, and purely rated on its interrupted run last week.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Like these 2 for multi, 

Horse of course , R1, $3.40 to win, which I think is great money after last weeks run. I’m sure it will pay less on the tote. 

Glenissbetter at $3.60 to place R9. 

Horse of Course? Wow, went like a complete PIG! Began well, but trotted rough, like it was drunk!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Hopefully better odds next time Newmarket, will win a few

Not sure it will get my money again on that run. Always well supported, so will never pay big money. Could be one of those, Next time written all over it, again, and again 

23 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Like these 2 for multi, 

Horse of course , R1, $3.40 to win, which I think is great money after last weeks run. I’m sure it will pay less on the tote. 

Glenissbetter at $3.60 to place R9. 

Go Glenisthebetter! After first race flop, thought I better have a ew bet on her, what a price, and a briilant drive from Kim. Sat and waited, patient drive won race

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes happy, I remember raphoe being pooh poohed by some punters on the other site that only liked to back $1.30 favs from a certain stable ...and it did the job twice at big odds!!!

Forbury tonight

R6 sugar cane $11

R10 machie mac $3.8

Good luck all those brave enough tonight.

R10

oh so close...nice picking flag

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Double R said:

How about Major Hippie tonight?  Knees have been injected, so an improved run perhaps!!

Stop it DR!  He gotta future then?

So the RIU always tweet when a horse has been injected in the knees? Wouldn't know, as I don't follow what they tweet. 

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1