NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Onya Freda

Rowley Mile

Thanks gentlemen,  yes,  a big thrill....when one has a small number in work,  every win is just that bit more special.....and regular rider Terry Moseley got off...?  work that out...but I was lucky indeed that Brandon had landed in the south and happened to be available.

With respect to this guy  -  in 2013 I went to Karaka for the first time,  determined to at least ' have a look' as I had never been before.

Good mate Danny Champion obligingly ' babysat' me and showed me around,  and ,  as I had had an absolute gutsful of trying to re-jig the careers of recycled northerners,  I felt that new blood was the only option for me.

Unfortunately, without well- off potential owners,  it fell to me to acquire this new blood....so, with a limit of $500.00,  off I went.

St Reims colt [ St Malo ] was the first,  and although a winner, always was troubled by bad feet.   He recently went amiss and was euthanased.

Back to the weanling sales,  and the second,  a Battle Paint filly,  had her first start at Hokitika under  David Walsh and ran out a winner.  Subsequent breathing issues saw her have only another few runs and she is now doing dressage very happily.

This bloke was the third purchase  - also for $500.00......so all in all, although I am certainly no richer,  it has been a satisfying exercise.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

Guest CrossCodes

I wouldn't have taken into account the fact Moseley got off for another ride, sadly he is a shadow of his former self these days, UDR is horrendous.

Good to see another senior rider down there, and although his riding left a lot to be desired up here he will probably be fine down south where the ranks are quite weak.

3 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

I wouldn't have taken into account the fact Moseley got off for another ride, sadly he is a shadow of his former self these days, UDR is horrendous.

Good to see another senior rider down there, and although his riding left a lot to be desired up here he will probably be fine down south where the ranks are quite weak.

Cobblers, you lot up north wouldn't know half pace from tooth paste......a lot to be desired? by whom.......from what I saw that wasn't flukish, more like natural ability.....a lot of slow horses up north, maybe the man is looking for a lifestyle, and some nice horses...he can ride mine anytime he likes, if the trainer chooses.