Bit Of A Yarn

Lisa Allpress "Trentham's a GOAT TRACK"

Thomass

Pretty much word for word from Allpress...and good on her

Sweenz "how's this goat Track Lisa"

"...oh I don't really want to....the tracks not as good as it could be on Oaks Day...Its 'interesting...its patchy"

Yea good on you Lisa...forever the diplomat..but we got want you wanted to say

"The 'Champagne Turf' was oxidised to hell and it's a f in disgrace"

A fast lane of 6 M all day and to hell with the rest..we get it Lisa

Did Punters get the new Going Stick map some Clubs have rolled out?

F NO...screw the Punters...they don't matter

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Did Punters get the new Going Stick map some Clubs have rolled out?

Which Club in New Zealand has "rolled the Going Stick out"?

Once you have given us that information can you then show us how you have used it PRIOR to a race to adjust your "Blueprint Betting Strategy"?

We have all been waiting with interest for quite some time for an answer to the second question.

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

If you are going to quote someone then get their name correct - that's being polite.

Secondly if you are going to quote them then quote what they ACTUALLY say not your bullshit fiction.

FFS...can't you read?

It's what she WANTED to say...i said!

And that's exactly what she would've said to the Barman post race...even without a solid Rumncoke...she looks like a rnc type doesn't she?

Which Club in New Zealand has "rolled the Going Stick out"?

Once you have given us that information can you then show us how you have used it PRIOR to a race to adjust your "Blueprint Betting Strategy"?

We have all been waiting with interest for quite some time for an answer to the second question.

HB and Awapuni have the kahunas so far...

The problem is it STILL isn't good enough

The entire reading of the front straight to the running width is what Punters need...not the piddling 4.5M they give us now

A shit lot of good that does on a Whangas H11 when 4.5M is the DEATH ZONE and not one f'er uses it...

...apart from the seagulls doing their emergency defications on said shit hole

The horses are OFF THE TRACK at the 10/15M mark and Punters have no idea what ground that is

YOU listening Bernie??

https://loveracing.nz/OnHorseFiles/NRB Meeting News/Awapuni - NZ Going Report - 2021-03-05 1031.pdfj

31 minutes ago, Thomass said:

FFS...can't you read?

It's what she WANTED to say...i said!

And that's exactly what she would've said to the Barman post race...even without a solid Rumncoke...she looks like a rnc type doesn't she?

But she didn't say it.  That's the point however you attribute that quote you made up to her.

26 minutes ago, Thomass said:

HB and Awapuni have the kahunas so far...

The problem is it STILL isn't good enough

The entire reading of the front straight to the running width is what Punters need...not the piddling 4.5M they give us now

A shit lot of good that does on a Whangas H11 when 4.5M is the DEATH ZONE and not one f'er uses it...

...apart from the seagulls doing their emergency defications on said shit hole

The horses are OFF THE TRACK at the 10/15M mark and Punters have no idea what ground that is

YOU listening Bernie??

https://loveracing.nz/OnHorseFiles/NRB Meeting News/Awapuni - NZ Going Report - 2021-03-05 1031.pdfj

So you DON'T want Trentham to do it like the other Clubs because they aren't doing it right either.

Can you post a protocol for us?

Then explain how it will be useful to us amateur punters by providing some examples.  The latter shouldn't be too hard for you given you can do it retrospectively just like your tipping "service"!

At the end of the day Thomass you are banging on about Going Sticks when the real issue is the lack of work done on rejuvenating our main Turf Tracks.  

Reviewing the Oaks Day racing from Trentham it looks like they have gone down the sand slitting route with the track.  I'm not sure what they have done but if they have gone down that path then it's a repetition of the same old same old that they have done elsewhere.  All it does is stuff the track more.

We have the usual suspects blaming irrigation.  I see you and the Comic Dog have joined that chorus.  No doubt Pitty and Reefton feel vindicated by the growing number that think that that is the problem.

However the problem is much more fundamental than that.  Spending $50m on three AWT tracks isn't going to change anything.  Probably make it worse as more money is sacked out to maintain them.

Where is the plan to address the problem?  Trentham should be sold off (the Wellington populous is not supporting it) and the capital invested in a Strathayr in the CD.  WRC meetings could be run at Foxton in the meantime.  

At the end of the day Thomass you are banging on about Going Sticks when the real issue is the lack of work done on rejuvenating our main Turf Tracks.  

I think the other issue is the criminal under usage of several better tracks around the country , that have suffered at the hands of the venue plan etc.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

21 minutes ago, Huey said:

I think the other issue is the criminal under usage of several better tracks around the country , that have suffered at the hands of the venue plan etc.

The thing i don't get is you have a big G1 meeting and they race a nothing meeting the week before , any number of tracks could have run that day , and i have noticed they have started doing this a bit more .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

The thing i don't get is you have a big G1 meeting and they race a nothing meeting the week before , any number of tracks could have run that day , and i have noticed they have started doing this a bit more .

If you look at the legislation you can understand why, I think there is something in there about racing clubs having race dates assets can't be disposed of in under 2 years, something like that at any rate. It's all very planned out, as the location of several race meetings borders on the absurd, its more important they get their hands on assets than present a decent product to the world and that sums up the running of racing in this country.

As many of us have pointed out there was no analysis whatsoever in which tracks should have dates and which shouldn't, it all unfortunately depends on who is in the club and that will be what really destroys the sport in this country , self interest and nepotism. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Reviewing the Oaks Day racing from Trentham it looks like they have gone down the sand slitting route with the track.  I'm not sure what they have done but if they have gone down that path then it's a repetition of the same old same old that they have done elsewhere.  All it does is stuff the track more.

We have the usual suspects blaming irrigation.  I see you and the Comic Dog have joined that chorus.  No doubt Pitty and Reefton feel vindicated by the growing number that think that that is the problem.

However the problem is much more fundamental than that.  Spending $50m on three AWT tracks isn't going to change anything.  Probably make it worse as more money is sacked out to maintain them.

Where is the plan to address the problem?  Trentham should be sold off (the Wellington populous is not supporting it) and the capital invested in a Strathayr in the CD.  WRC meetings could be run at Foxton in the meantime.  

Bullshit  about the Wellington populous not supporting it.

2 hours ago, nomates said:

Agree, but I will let you work out why that happens!

6 minutes ago, Huey said:

As many of us have pointed out there was no analysis whatsoever

What's analysis , if they did that it would require that they come up cognitive and intelligent decision making , that had realistic goals that lead to positive change and would give industry participants confidence in the future . 

Even now , after all the upheavel of covid along with the Messara report and the Govt handout and rhetoric about how they were going to shake up NZ racing , 1year on i still have no clear idea what direction that NZTR are trying to take the industry in , to give the participants that clarity and confidence to continue taking part in racing .

1 minute ago, Dark Beau said:

Agree, but I will let you work out why that happens!

Well i'm a resonably intelligent man with plenty of experience within the industry so if i knew why it happens i would express that , so i would be grateful if you have the reason why it happens please enlighten me . 

It';s got me stumped .

The game is now controlled by Auckland and that's the end of the matter. 

Say what you like, the rest of the country has been shafted except HB and that's only because the Auckland weather wouldn't allow a spring carnival to take place on their quagmire at that time of the year.

Sadly at every opportunity they are also trying to take the 1000gns and 2000gns north, but over my dead body!

2 minutes ago, nomates said:

Well i'm a resonably intelligent man with plenty of experience within the industry so if i knew why it happens i would express that , so i would be grateful if you have the reason why it happens please enlighten me . 

It';s got me stumped .

Nomates, see me my next posting for the answer, and I am not trying to be a smart arse.

2 minutes ago, Dark Beau said:

The game is now controlled by Auckland and that's the end of the matter. 

Say what you like, the rest of the country has been shafted except HB and that's only because the Auckland weather wouldn't allow a spring carnival to take place on their quagmire at that time of the year.

Sadly at every opportunity they are also trying to take the 1000gns and 2000gns north, but over my dead body!

Totally agree , but they could have had the first day at another CD track to preserve the track for the Oaks , having it elsewhere in the CD wouldn't have affected Auckland , just the local mob are clueless as well .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nomates said:

Mate i've been going to Trentham for 47 years , i remember when the Wellington populous DID support Trentham , present crowds are not even a pale imitation .

Nomates, so have I. Yes I was there on Saturday and because it was bloody cold everyone was inside so it was hard to tell how many were there.

The previous week [because it was sunny] there appeared to be many there, but did they bet?

Take into account the population of Auckland verses Wellington and the turnout by the Wellingtonians blows the Auckland turnout on their respective Cup Days out of the water and so does Riccarton on their Cup day.

5 minutes ago, nomates said:

Totally agree , but they could have had the first day at another CD track to preserve the track for the Oaks , having it elsewhere in the CD wouldn't have affected Auckland , just the local mob are clueless as well .

Whilst I agree about the current management, it's not actually the Clubs decision regarding dates. 

18 minutes ago, Dark Beau said:

Whilst I agree about the current management, it's not actually the Clubs decision regarding dates. 

The club could have said no to the first day , run it somewhere else , WRC has over the years allowed them to be steam rolled far too easily .

22 minutes ago, Dark Beau said:

Nomates, so have I. Yes I was there on Saturday and because it was bloody cold everyone was inside so it was hard to tell how many were there.

The previous week [because it was sunny] there appeared to be many there, but did they bet?

Take into account the population of Auckland verses Wellington and the turnout by the Wellingtonians blows the Auckland turnout on their respective Cup Days out of the water and so does Riccarton on their Cup day.

Irrespective of the weather the crowds at Trentham for big days are very poor for a metropolitan club . 

Comparing to Auckland populations is relitive because ARC crowds on the whole are piss poor , but it's the same everywhere , it's symptomatic of the way NZ racing is / has been managed .

You must remember Wgtn cup days when the bottom and upper tier of the public stand was choka , the lawn and tote areas were the same , those were crowds . 

No one can defend crowds now as being great .

On 22/03/2021 at 1:56 PM, Chief Stipe said:

So you DON'T want Trentham to do it like the other Clubs because they aren't doing it right either.

Can you post a protocol for us?

Then explain how it will be useful to us amateur punters by providing some examples.  The latter shouldn't be too hard for you given you can do it retrospectively just like your tipping "service"!

No, Punters want the Champagne not to be the toxic oxidized cesspit it currently is...

The Idiot Wind has blown the irrigation all over the place and all punters NEED TO KNOW is where thats gone...ok?

JUST GIVE PUNTERS THE READINGS TAKEN..ok?

It isn't hard

And its this simple...if Whanganui's rail to 4.5 M is H 11...reduce the neddys drawn close to the Death Zone by a huge margin

Why can't you understand basic shit