Bit Of A Yarn

Ellerslie Hill Gone

All The Aces

On 25/04/2021 at 11:46 AM, nomates said:

My money is on , that by the end of winter they are going to get a fright at how small that group of horses are going to be . 

There is a reason we have agroup of horses that race in winter , they require at least a slow 9 to heavy 11+ , so how many of that group are even going to attempt racing on an A/W , maybe the odd conditioning run .

So now we are relying on mostly horses carrying on thru from Autumn and horses coming back in earlier than they would for spring racing . 

I think it could become embarrassing .

I want to be wrong but i just cannot see where the horses are coming from on a consistent basis .

And god forbid we start having injuries or worse .

Yeah....those genuine wet trackers/distance horses now have few options.    For a country that used to pride itself - and with some good reason - on producing good middle to staying distance horses, we have long given those real staying sorts few options on the flat.    I could never understand the logic of that.    How many 3200 races ?  Even the Wgtn Cup got bastardised for some stupid reason, thankfully now back at the right distance, but unless a horse [ in earlier days ] had some pretensions to class, there were few chances for them to try the extreme flat trip.   But, they could go jumping, or wait for the winter and testing ground.    

The doggers trucks will be busier than ever.   There are only so many potential eventers which can be rehomed...and that is another very murky situation right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freda said:

Yeah....those genuine wet trackers/distance horses now have few options.    For a country that used to pride itself - and with some good reason - on producing good middle to staying distance horses, we have long given those real staying sorts few options on the flat.    I could never understand the logic of that.    How many 3200 races ?  Even the Wgtn Cup got bastardised for some stupid reason, thankfully now back at the right distance, but unless a horse [ in earlier days ] had some pretensions to class, there were few chances for them to try the extreme flat trip.   But, they could go jumping, or wait for the winter and testing ground.    

The doggers trucks will be busier than ever.   There are only so many potential eventers which can be rehomed...and that is another very murky situation right there.

The answer to that is very simple, distance racing doesnt suit the big syndicate stables and their model, i.e. expensive get up and go types that churn syndicate members in and out & thus $s.

• Like 2