Bit Of A Yarn

Stringent new requirements for Melbourne Cup runners

Freda

I see R.V have collated results from their in-depth investigation into the injuries of N.H horses at the Melbourne spring carnival,  prompted by the unfortunate death of Anthony van Dyke in particular.

Not sure if the 'one run only'  restriction before the Cup is absolutely necessary [ if all tests indicate no issues, what is the problem ?  ]   but, certainly, something needed to be done - and seen to be done.

Good on them for front-footing the issue, not burying heads in the sand.

There will be plenty who would rather thumb their noses at the anti-racing mob;  like it or not, however, we live in the world TODAY, not yesterday.  To ignore the concerns of an increasingly urbanised society is very silly indeed.    Animal welfare perceptions are far better met and addressed,  rather than ignored.

Edited by Freda
  • Like 3

On 29/04/2021 at 5:30 AM, Freda said:

Animal welfare perceptions are far better met and addressed,  rather than ignored

But what are the real Animal Welfare issues?

The very small but vocally loud group have one objective and that is to end racing.

The strategy I see being played out by administrators is only going to back themselves into a corner.

Explain to me why a horse running in the Melbourne Cup is afforded more care and attention than any horse running in other races?

Freda are you going to get pre-emptive MRI scans of all your horses?  Before you pitch up at the new AWT at Riccarton?

Back to my old chestnut.  If our administrators are being proactive about addressing the concerns of the 'Woke' while build totally artificial surfaces to race horses on?  A layer of sand and synthetic fibres laid over an asphalt road!

Give an inch, take a foot springs to mind. Until people realise that bowing to the demands of social media, and woke ideas just does not work, then the cause is lost, the slippery slope becomes unsalvageable. Once you show weakness and do not defend your position, then I'm afraid you will lose.

Racing bodies and others that are under attack from the loony left need to stand firm and go on the offensive. They need to understand the end game for wokes, and that is total annihalation and destruction of the target, there is no middle ground, and it matters not one jot how far you bend. Stand firm is the answer, do not enter into dialog with wokes as that gives them oxygen. Do the improvements, but for your own reasons.

38 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Give an inch, take a foot springs to mind. Until people realise that bowing to the demands of social media, and woke ideas just does not work, then the cause is lost, the slippery slope becomes unsalvageable. Once you show weakness and do not defend your position, then I'm afraid you will lose.

Racing bodies and others that are under attack from the loony left need to stand firm and go on the offensive. They need to understand the end game for wokes, and that is total annihalation and destruction of the target, there is no middle ground, and it matters not one jot how far you bend. Stand firm is the answer, do not enter into dialog with wokes as that gives them oxygen. Do the improvements, but for your own reasons.

I must say @aquamanthat is the post of the year so far.