Bit Of A Yarn

Super Easy!

What a mark he is making on the track over here in Oz, his stats are, 19 3yo races won this season. Easy Eddie stamped his ability with a 3rd metro win on Sat at Rosehill. A couple of placing in NZ, but the we can look at the tracks and see a heavy in NZ is far different to a heavy here.........let's hope Joe Pride leads a merry dance of Aussie trainers to Karaka this year, and not so many Asian buyers, then the stallion will have a far better chance of moving up the ladder. Well done Hallmark, they must be chuffed.

Ocean Park’s and Sacred Fall’s too for the same sort of money on Gavelhouse. 

That doesn’t mean anything either, other that some horses are being moved on as the owners, farms, don’t think that they are worth a very expensive yearling preparation given the perilous state of our yearling market, especially the middle downwards. 

Just saying!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

Ocean Park’s and Sacred Fall’s too for the same sort of money on Gavelhouse. 

That doesn’t mean anything either, other that some horses are being moved on as the owners, farms, don’t think that they are worth a very expensive yearling preparation given the perilous state of our yearling market, especially the middle downwards. 

Just saying!

Agree.

54 minutes ago, Rowley Mile said:

Tavistocks for 300 and 400 bucks a year or two back, his fillies are still at that price, can't give em away.

Yes they don't appear very popular and its hard to see how he can justify his fee at present.

No Jess, other than I put my hand up for one and bred another. Both go OK and are only young ones, he's from a magic winning family, he was exceptional himself, and I feel if they aren't pushed early they will shine as 3yo's, and have, here in Oz.While no champions, Prom Queen is well above ordinary and as for his multitude of winners over here, they win metro races and that is no easy task, and they win often......totally underrated stallion, then again there are so many stallions that don't get the chances they deserve so I'm singing his praises based on the marvellous job he has done with the stock here in Oz.

Hi Rowley - Prom Queen well above average in my book! Are you hands on with your horses? - if so - how do you find their temperaments?  I have heard SE is pretty hot eg. when parading - but there could have been reasons at the time for this and some quiet horses throw hot-heads and vice versa - so from a distance it's hard to judge ...

He looks a very muscular type from his pictures and wonder if this tends to come through in his foals ... 

Kind rgds, J

9 hours ago, jess said:

Hi Rowley - Prom Queen well above average in my book! Are you hands on with your horses? - if so - how do you find their temperaments?  I have heard SE is pretty hot eg. when parading - but there could have been reasons at the time for this and some quiet horses throw hot-heads and vice versa - so from a distance it's hard to judge ...

He looks a very muscular type from his pictures and wonder if this tends to come through in his foals ... 

Kind rgds, J

Hi Jess

I've had two by Super Easy  [ very small sample I know ]  but both are pretty sensible.   They are both fillies,  so can't comment on the boys.

Another trainer based close by has also had a few....one is currently being used as a 'hack' for one of his breakers.

Prom Queen has a kid's pony nature.

12 hours ago, jess said:

Kind rgds, J

Hi Jess,

I think Freda has summed them up, pretty much, our gelding is as laid back as Freda's fillies, however, Joe Pride has Easy Eddie a multiple city winner in Sydney and when he kicked off his career he had to re-trial as a very naughty boy in the barriers and jumping out!......but boy can he gallop. A bigger than average horse too, R Laming won on the coast with another on Saturday, Easy Beast, he just blew them away with speed and the ability to get through wet ground, he's another with a bit of size to him......Prom Queen is a midget compared to those boys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...