Bit Of A Yarn

What's..'Dummy' Myers....Naomi Osaka....Terri Rae...have in Commonality?

Thomass

5 hours ago, Gospel of Judas said:

This is abit of a interesting one. Can see both sides to it. However, think overall, if want new punters in the industry, it is a necessary.

Why?  Australia doesn't seem to have a problem with Trainers not wishing to be interviewed why should we?

We are becoming far too insular and precious.  That aside who would want to talk to our presenters anyway when they ask cliche questions, don't know what they are talking about and meanwhile they are taking you away from your job which is looking after your horses?!

Compare our presenters to the OZ on track ones - they can be irreverent, controversial, humouress but above all they know their stuff.

• Like 2
  • Fake News! 1

8 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Why?  Australia doesn't seem to have a problem with Trainers not wishing to be interviewed why should we?

We are becoming far too insular and precious.  That aside who would want to talk to our presenters anyway when they ask cliche questions, don't know what they are talking about and meanwhile they are taking you away from your job which is looking after your horses?!

Compare our presenters to the OZ on track ones - they can be irreverent, controversial, humouress but above all they know their stuff.

Issue is more to do with perception and since Racing had abit of a bad one. Transparency can do wonders fixing it. Think it be, one key barriers bring in younger punters. Since Racing seen to be abit backwards, not accepting of outsiders and abit corrupt. But hey, if want live in dark ages go ahead. If Want it fall down the drain.

Edited by Gospel of Judas
  • Like 2

Oh yea, silly meme loss moi...

Add Ralffy Manning to that list...

Had a brain explosion on Trackside..calling "Handicapper is CORRUPT"

Got a stiff fine for his battle with English comprehension then REFUSED point blank any more interviews to publicise and promote the sport thats given him a living all these years...

Cancel his license too

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Oh yea, silly meme loss moi...

Add Ralffy Manning to that list...

Had a brain explosion on Trackside..calling "Handicapper is CORRUPT"

Got a stiff fine for his battle with English comprehension then REFUSED point blank any more interviews to publicise and promote the sport thats given him a living all these years...

Cancel his license too

The industry can't afford to cancel anyone even if it is a cultural that you have signed up to.

I guess you consider yourself 'woke' as well!

• Like 1

When it comes to many doing the interviewing and plenty being interviewed.....SILENCE IS GOLDEN.

I'd rather make my own judgement looking at the horse that have someone give me their slant on it.

Remember this......if you go to a brothel you scan the merchandise before you invest (in your case Thomarse the blow up doll shop).

Puntings no different. Due diligence is required. Being influenced by someone else is pissing your money against a wall.

• Like 1

Really really insightful Kodsey....

Me myself eye prefers Thai...spicey, coco creamed and whipped all in together

Best broth in town...

Alors....when a newbie in short pants is trying a Thai broth for the first time they want HONESTY....

Is it all above bored and are the ingredients handled to the best specifications imaginable 

So they come away satisfied and not disillusioned they've been given a shit head stew