Bit Of A Yarn

joint injections

14 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I think quite a few pull the plugs using your foot!

Seen it many times, Dexter used to do it I am sure!

Well that's good then, Thanks for you (and The Galah) for clearing that up. Video can be deceiving at times, and I was totally unaware of that method with deafeners. never used em like that.

So apologies by me to Mr Newman are in order (and given), for incorrect cheating allegation earlier, and wishing him many more winners !!

2 hours ago, the galah said:

t i assumed he may have been releasing the ear plugs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

He was kicking its tail IMO . there are many ways to tie a tail (gently to the sulky) esp. in wet conditions. did it many times. esp mares who try to 'swish' you away lol.....

The young bloke Newman gave it (tail) a bit of a whack with his boot as the 2nd horse was getting closer, and he got the reaction he wanted. I don't like those sort of things.

Try it yourself, hold your cat or dog gently by the tail with one hand, while it's mulling around your feet. then give it a little whack with your foot (between your hand and base of tail) and see what happens.  Newman looking for that reaction ?

pretty sure earplugs are pulled by hand ? many Brisbane horses have deafeners. never seen foot release of them before, but guess it's possible if you wanted to be awkward.

Gammalite - He removed the ear plugs. Many of our top drivers do it now, commonly done by Dexter Dunn when he was driving here and it's actually a safer way to activate plugs or sliding blinds instead of using your hands.

That's because you have full control of the horse when the plugs or sliding blinds are activated so that if they react, which some can, and run out or in, you've got a hand in each rein and can react. At the moment when you pull the cords with by hand you have to have both reins in one hand and not as much control.

(1) NZ Metro 17 June 2021 Race 1 - YouTube 

Check out the Video at 2.15-2.18. focus on the head/neck of the horse and you can see the plugs flapping about after Korbyn removes the plugs. 

Hope this helps you understand, 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Gammalite - He removed the ear plugs. Many of our top drivers do it now, commonly done by Dexter Dunn when he was driving here and it's actually a safer way to activate plugs or sliding blinds instead of using your hands.

That's because you have full control of the horse when the plugs or sliding blinds are activated so that if they react, which some can, and run out or in, you've got a hand in each rein and can react. At the moment when you pull the cords with by hand you have to have both reins in one hand and not as much control.

(1) NZ Metro 17 June 2021 Race 1 - YouTube 

Check out the Video at 2.15-2.18. focus on the head/neck of the horse and you can see the plugs flapping about after Korbyn removes the plugs. 

Hope this helps you understand, 

Really like it when we get input like this here & have disliked it when people just because of knowing someones identity come on & be mean towards a certain poster. This Gamms & I have spoken about privately & both agreed we dislike it. Not cool.

Great to have Fitzgerald post re input. 

Im on my out so don't care will call it as I see it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...