Bit Of A Yarn

Anyone seen an easier Group 3 winner? Incentivise. Stuff the blinkers!

Chief Stipe

Dark mirage is not a bad horse , won a group race in Sydney last season . Will be interesting to see how this horse goes down in Victoria with Peter Moody , new environment , left hand tracks and a much higher quality of animal in the races he will be contesting . 

He is exciting and Aus needs the next big thing , so hopefully he steps up .

• Like 1

• Chief Stipe changed the title to Anyone seen an easier Group 3 winner? Incentivise. Stuff the blinkers!

No worries mate...

As ANY horseman knows sometimes it's maturity and race day experience that allows a previously field shy neddy to compete with the need to activate  the competitive herd mentality...

....and then there's Te Akau and Baker/Forsman who routinely Blinker up

BTW a beautiful gear change yesterday on Fursdens Filly...VB's on and first win in 2 1/2 years

Edited by Thomass

4 hours ago, Thomass said:

As ANY horseman knows sometimes it's maturity and race day experience that allows a previously field shy neddy to compete with the need to activate  the competitive herd mentality...

Yep two weeks makes all the difference.

Seriously though Incentivise is like Verry Elleegant in racing style.  Gawks around but needs to see their opponents. 

I'd have the gawking anyday over the blindfolds.

13 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Obviously a cheat and once it gets used to the blinkers will revert to type.

Had Blinkers went to Visors 

Needed to have a wee peek through the slit to get the competitive juices flowing...

Stuck her beautiful noggin out and tried her heart out....

On 6/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, Chief Stipe said:

I'd have the gawking anyday over the blindfolds.

I'm already convinced with INCENTIVISE , so am already getting on the $9 win/$3 pl for Caulfield Cup . Is being sent to Peter Moody now to get ready for a 'Cups' Trail. He Was more dominant than what Vow and Declare was , in the Brisbane campaign that Vow had, before he Won the Mel Cup .

You Are convincing me Chief regarding headgear too !! hahahaha ,

here's a photo from Perth last week. 'Every horse' with something Jammed on it's head (for concentration) looks like they had a TACK room 'sale' and rummage or something, and just chucking on whatever they could find. lol....

Versus ,...... the absolute Superstar , the double NZ Derby winner "KRUG" (champion driver NZer Anthony Butt driving) in 2nd photo.

When you are the Best 3 Year old in Australasia, seen here breaking the Redcliffe Track record here at first start in Oz .last weekend, getting ready for Queensland Derby.  And LOOKING FABULOUS doing it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  who needs headgear when you're this good ???

DSC02238.JPG

DSC02239.JPG

36 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Gammy can you stop posting horror home videos of theeves on Wheels....

...especially on the elite Thoroughbred site...

...it's sickening frankly...

Can't understand you for a second Thomas. My post was discussing Chief Stipes THREAD topic of "Incentivise" and "Headgear."

I don't wish you to be sick , at the sight of a Standardbred. maybe take some pills or something ??? It's a horse mate. It's from NZ , and it races very well. Thoroughbred folk would even approve of KRUG ? maybe use it to 'Broaden' your narrow horizons?. 

It's like you don't want anyone to post anything without your approval, and am sure you have driven many away. a real shame. not sure why you are you so mean about everything, but surely people can post things they're interested in ?

Do you like INCENTIVISE ? is that of any interest?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I don't wish you to be sick , at the sight of a Standardbred. maybe take some pills or something ??

I wouldn't let Thomarse worry you.  The fact is very few understand him mostly because he seems to live in a fantasy world.  One of his fantasies is that he belongs to the elite of racing and that Thoroughbred Racing is the only true form of racing and is the "Sport of Kings".  That misguided sense of entitlement has him believing that if it was for the good grace of the elite Harness Racing wouldn't have a sport let alone earn revenue from the TAB.  His memory doesn't accept that without Harness there wouldn't have been a TAB in NZ.

27 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Everytime I see all that gear and knowing how VERY AVERAGE strandardbreds are to moi's eye...I feel billious 

I can't help gagging...

...and then you agreed with Chuff that Blinkers arent where it's at...

why?

May be best if you take a short , or longer if you wish , break from the site , for your health of course , i am deeply concerned that continued and prolonged exposure to such hideous sights is going to be detrimental to your mental health , being the sensitive soul that you are , and of course seek professional medical help .

34 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Everytime I see all that gear and knowing how VERY AVERAGE strandardbreds are to moi's eye...I feel billious 

I can't help gagging...

...and then you agreed with Chuff that Blinkers arent where it's at...

why?

That's quite ironic in a way! lol. We had the "Big Blinkers" arguement with Chief one other time , and you may not remember, but I was on your side of the arguement, that it seemed ok to use them , and results were good.

Now you are 'sick' with the sight of all the gear on a horse, you would think the irony is 'Thomas would be Without those 'Melody Belle' like Blinkers , and running naked and free like Chief wants. bit of irony anyway. 

I'm easy !!! The trainers probably know what they're doing? they been doing it enough years. 

I thought the Perth harness trainers were 'over-doing' it, as I showed earlier, and it did look a bit bilious ? lol........  and personally thought it was great to see the beautiful horse head again (like the  NZer KRUG photo) and/or BLACK CAVIAR seen here charging to Victory !!!!!!!

hope you enjoy this photo more !

Winx worlds best matches Black Caviar Image 2

2 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I'm easy !!! The trainers probably know what they're doing? they been doing it enough years. 

In my opinion many over do it.  Incentivise's racing style without the blinkers reminds me of Verry Elleegant.  They look around, hold their head high (high for stayers!), often look awkward but they like to eyeball their opponents.  Some trainers would try to fight the individual style and put blinkers on.

• Like 1