Bit Of A Yarn

Tim Williams has a great new Gig!

21 minutes ago, Robalan said:

Where's the plan to stop the rapid decline in people interested in breeding horses?

Well i've actually come up with ideas about that in the past.Just as i have in the past re the training facility issue i posted about earlier today.All these issues are intertwined. Theres a  flow on effect from everything. Thing is no one seems to do anything.I believe many that lead the industry are out of touch with those at the grass roots level who have left the industry..There was always going to be a decline,but that decline need not have come at the rate it has.It has applied to both the racing and breeding sides.You actually get tired of talking about it,so i won't add anything more.

Edited by the galah

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Why has this issue been around for so long without being addressed is beyond me. Are people are so out of touch with reality,or have they just ignored it? The same issue applies in many areas,wheres the plan to stop the decline of training facilities.Or has the horse already bolted.

Rangiora will probably be lost as well to the industry if the Canterbury Jockey Club get their way.

Perhaps HRNZ could lobby the Government for funding to purchase Rangiora as a dedicated training centre?  That would be fair wouldn't it with the Thoroughbreds getting $35m for AWT's.  One of which is unlikely to get much use.