Bit Of A Yarn

virus fiasco

3 hours ago, bark simpson said:

The recent suspension has created a lot of anger in the S.I.

How is one kennel allowed to turn up 3 days in a row with dogs scouring all over the place???

Answers quiet simple really, the kennel concerned only thinks of themselves, and the RIU are afraid to rock the boat. Nothing new here, has been happening since the inception of the racing idiot unit. Mind you, the other participants need to shoulder some blame for allowing this state of affairs happening by staying mute on said subject. LP's need to be more militant and organised.

• Like 2

The Steward has the option to scratch any dog from a race. They also have the right to scratch all the dogs from a kennel if the possibility of the outbreak of an illness. I can understand letting the rest of the dogs being allowed a start on the first night, when only one dog was presented sick. I don't understand why a second & a third day would be given a benefit of doubt. That to me is just stupidity & has the SI in the mess it is.

If a Steward isn't up to making what might be a tough decision then they shouldn't be in that role in the first place. A lack of any action by a Steward suggests bias, favoritism and/or even corruption. 

Now I can better understand the near immediate ban GRNZ put in place for Greyhounds traveling between the islands. Without the ban, the concerned kennel would have probably simply transferred some of its southern dogs to their remote kennel in the CD to get starts & made things far worse than they already have.

I agree with Aquaman, LP's should become better organized. There is immense power in numbers. GRV trainers have begun coming together & their voices are being heard loud & clear. 

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/owners-trainers-set-to-deliver-stern-message-to-grv-with-strike-action-20210630

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 4

Guest CrossCodes

The meeting at forbury tomorrow will be interesting, the McInerney kennel had virtually the entire card of runners themselves.

See what can happen when you encourage a monopoly of a code to just a few large dog farmers.

It’s trainers like this that have begun the ultimate demise of greyhound racing.

What a crying shame that Forbury having there last meeting only to have it wreaked by a virus. Rest assured, there is no way that they can now allow a kennel proven to be infected line up. They may be down to 2 races with two dog fields, and one race with 7. Great way to bow out. Well done homebush.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Goldstar said:

Yes. Entire team stood down for 10 days after dog that was scratched on Monday was positive to coronavirus. Hopefully GRNZ  stick to their guns and don’t change rules like the seem to every 5 minutes   

You are dreaming Steve, it is the blind leading the blind at Greyhound Racing NZ. Big Glenda thinks she's going to secure funding from the Greens to upgrade stracks. There logic defies belief.

How stupid could you be Mr Dore, I assume this is your captains call again. There was a 2 week window when no one was racing, 4-5 days before it resumed you could have tested a handful of dogs from every kennel to ensure there was no active virus circulating. It was always going to take time to infect an entire kennel especially one the size of Homebush. Now you have a dog turn up to the races Monday with the virus exposing every other dog in the kennel block to a path of transmission. If we were talking human terms they would all be labelled close contacts and forced to isolate. What now, continue to race and pretend it was just one case in one kennel hopefully and miraculously no other kennels picked up an infection they didn't already have. Pathetic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Goldstar said:

They back racing tomorrow.  Wtf is going on at grnz. 

If that is true, believe me, it will not go unnoticed by the Greens in their agenda to shut the industry down. This would be a proven case of miss treatment of animals for the sake of expediency and almighty dollar. I hope you are wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aquaman said:

If that is true, believe me, it will not go unnoticed by the Greens in their agenda to shut the industry down. This would be a proven case of miss treatment of animals for the sake of expediency and almighty dollar. I hope you are wrong.

I’m Not wrong 

NOT A GOOD LOOK When You train dogs for a Board Member who has also been your Accountant for many years.
I don't ever want to hear any of the "Top Brass" preaching equality in their decisions or taking others to task on Welfare issues concerning dogs and registered persons .

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chicken said:

NOT A GOOD LOOK When You train dogs for a Board Member who has also been your Accountant for many years.
I don't ever want to hear any of the "Top Brass" preaching equality in their decisions or taking others to task on Welfare issues concerning dogs and registered persons .

Not a good look, but then this is the Accountant/Board Member that acts as special legal advisor when your Amazing Chase descends in a farce. I would say yet again get out the broom but I think in this case you need the high powered industrial leaf blower to remove the garbage.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, shodsie said:

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News/2715/Containment-of-VomitingDiarrhoea-Virus

only a few days ago it was decided that healthy dogs can race???

Seems to me GRNZ thought they could over-rule a race day Vet's advice/power.

Who better knows how a virus in dogs work, GRNZ or a Vet?

Just another glaring example of "Rules by Convince". If the rule isn't convenient, just ignore it.

20 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I reckon MPI should investigate this.

Enter Chloe.....

I have no doubt Chloe and her cohorts will be watching which way it goes not only at Forbury, but CH CH as well. A virus does not vanish overnight. Today may well be pivotal as to the future of the code.

9 minutes ago, aquaman said:

I have no doubt Chloe and her cohorts will be watching which way it goes not only at Forbury, but CH CH as well. A virus does not vanish overnight. Today may well be pivotal as to the future of the code.

It'll be interesting what happens at kenneling time this morning.

Will the race-day Vet make the proper call & scratch them all again as they rightfully should, or will Mr. Dore again try to over-ride the decision of a professional.

Are we surprised? Grnz has been run very poorly for years. Its only a matter of time before it all catches up.

What infuriates me the most is that grnz has had 10+ years to fix the problems in the industry and has still made nearly no progress on it.

If anything, the industry has gone backwards

30 minutes ago, BitofaLegend said:

Are we surprised? Grnz has been run very poorly for years. Its only a matter of time before it all catches up.

What infuriates me the most is that grnz has had 10+ years to fix the problems in the industry and has still made nearly no progress on it.

If anything, the industry has gone backwards

Not suprised at all GRNZ has become a dumping ground for poor/uninterested administrators like Dore and many previous. LP's have continued to elect the same self-serving Board Members repeatedly which has been just as detrimental. There needs to be a circuit breaker pulled very soon of this becomes a death spiral and we are done and finished.

• Like 1

I'd suggest the competing trainers/owners of the Homebush kennel would have a compelling case if they choose to file objections to the results of all Dunedin races today.

The same kennels dogs were all scratched on the previous day due to a virus circulating their kennel. The virus has a 18 day running period. GRNZ have already provided ALL the evidence to support the claim.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News/2712/Advisory-on-Canine-Enteric-Corona-Virus

image.png.8a46d7504b4ef2377228bfc90029b902.png

59 minutes ago, bamboozla said:

Not suprised at all GRNZ has become a dumping ground for poor/uninterested administrators like Dore and many previous. LP's have continued to elect the same self-serving Board Members repeatedly which has been just as detrimental. There needs to be a circuit breaker pulled very soon of this becomes a death spiral and we are done and finished.

This would make a good start to sorting out GRNZ.

Web-capture_30-7-2021_14482.jpg.4457fa7848d809f63a10a942d18c9d1a.jpg

With this change in place 2 or 3 of us could start getting our hands dirty & sort some $hit out.