Bit Of A Yarn

The Oxidation Pond

Chief Stipe,

You have not addressed the issue that I have raised. You maintained the right not to provide the details you had to me, even though you recognised that the posting was offensive. As I said to you, I had no objection to you leaving the post up. My sole aim was, and is, to identify the bigot and liar who is able to publicly post his or her bigotry and lies while being protected by the anonymity you provide. I realise that there are many facets to the situation here, one of which is the right to know who one's accuser is. You denied me that right. No amount of "high road" posturing on your part can alter that fact. 

When you say "BOAY will respect the right of any individual to remain anonymous and will respect their right to privacy", you are, in fact, telling any prospective bigot and liar that they are safe to practice their despicable activity on your website. 

There are measures that you could take that would alleviate the situation, but you choose not to take them. So be it.

Regards.

Ashoka

7 hours ago, Ashoka said:

Newmarket,

You say that Scooby3051 is "too gutless" to sign up under their own name.

You haven't either. What is your reason?

Please advise.

All the best.

Ashoka

Ashoka. Who on here knows that it's your real name? I for one thought it may have been a past favourite horse name or a play on the term a-shocker. I think you will find a lot of people in the comp section display their real name alongside their Nom de plume, but if people choose not to its their right. It is however very sad that someone has lowered themselves to abuse you, but don't let one rotten Apple taint your view on the rest of us. I would say 99.9,%, of people on here a pretty decent folk.

All the best

Des

• Like 1

Flagship uberalles,

The simple fact is that I use my real identity. Your comment on this represents an attempt to discredit the points that I have made and are meaningless. I haven't let the comments of the bigot and liar affect my view of anyone but the bigot and liar who made them, as indicated by my continuing full participation in this excellent website. I am not dragging anyone else into this discussion and I hope that you take the same attitude.

All the best.

Ashoka

11 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

Flagship uberalles,

The simple fact is that I use my real identity. Your comment on this represents an attempt to discredit the points that I have made and are meaningless. I haven't let the comments of the bigot and liar affect my view of anyone but the bigot and liar who made them, as indicated by my continuing full participation in this excellent website. I am not dragging anyone else into this discussion and I hope that you take the same attitude.

All the best.

Ashoka

I'm certainly not trying to discredit what you have said Ashoka, and I wish you all the best.

Regards 

Des

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Ashoka. Who on here knows that it's your real name? I for one thought it may have been a past favourite horse name or a play on the term a-shocker. I think you will find a lot of people in the comp section display their real name alongside their Nom de plume, but if people choose not to its their right. It is however very sad that someone has lowered themselves to abuse you, but don't let one rotten Apple taint your view on the rest of us. I would say 99.9,%, of people on here a pretty decent folk.

All the best

Des

Absolutely Des, and Ashoka is a very decent fellow, look forward to many many of his future posts.

• Champ Post 1

On 10/08/2018 at 2:19 AM, Ashoka said:

Poisoned Dwarf,

I don't understand the meaning of your post and sincerely doubt that you do. Please refrain from involving me in your meaningless drivel.

Thank you.

Ashoka

In a place called Chandigarrh, India, where the roads are bumpy, they invented ashokabsorber to save motor vehicles from suspension damage.

• Like 2

Poisoned Dwarf,

Thank you for your explanation. You are telling me to put up with being racially vilified and viciously libelled. I have put up with a lot of such conduct, growing up in New Zealand as a member of an ethnic minority. Where I draw the line as to what I will or will not tolerate is entirely my business, so, please, just go away and mind your own business.

Thank you.

Ashoka

19 hours ago, Ashoka said:

Chief Stipe,

You have not addressed the issue that I have raised. You maintained the right not to provide the details you had to me, even though you recognised that the posting was offensive. As I said to you, I had no objection to you leaving the post up. My sole aim was, and is, to identify the bigot and liar who is able to publicly post his or her bigotry and lies while being protected by the anonymity you provide. I realise that there are many facets to the situation here, one of which is the right to know who one's accuser is. You denied me that right. No amount of "high road" posturing on your part can alter that fact. 

When you say "BOAY will respect the right of any individual to remain anonymous and will respect their right to privacy", you are, in fact, telling any prospective bigot and liar that they are safe to practice their despicable activity on your website. 

There are measures that you could take that would alleviate the situation, but you choose not to take them. So be it.

Regards.

Ashoka

Ashoka you are misinterpreting what I have been saying.  BOAY has no personal identifying details to pass on.

BOAY met all its obligations under the Harmful Digital Communications Act.

My understanding is that you still have options for recourse if you wish to take them.

BOAY will continue to respect any individuals privacy and their right to anonymity.

I'm locking this thread now.  

• Like 2