Bit Of A Yarn

The Oxidation Pond

I went over to visit, to learn more about Freedom of Screech and the bile from Scabby and got this message:

" Unauthorized

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To be fair and balanced, there are quite a few morons and bigots over there, but some very good posters, who I enjoy reading, such as Tasman Man, Tauhei Notts and The Torch, who I know is associated with the Hawera racing scene, so probably knows quite a bit of the background to the Kiwi story.

Not limited to those 3, quite a few other interesting posters, but the lunatics do tend to run the asylum over there.

Hopefully some of them will start contributing on here.....not the lunatics please:)

Some awesome new initiatives underway here, that may make a few think twice, and as a few have said, there should be no reason why people who want to can't contribute to both sites.  A site does not own it's members, those people have free choice to post when and where they want

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

How can it seem ok now?

Is it under new ownership? 9_9

Just means I couldn't lift the toilet seat yesterday but it was okay to have a look in today, nothing to do with the smell of the turds or the colour of the paper or who sat there last

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Better hurry up with that upgrade that's been coming for about 12 months, before the majority of posters disappear.:)

Quite simply, most people just want to post about racing, without being abused or micro managed and have as many others as possible do so also, so there is a strong and healthy interchange of information and viewpoints....... and a fun environment

The less that happens, the more they will look elsewhere.

Upgrades or Fiji trips won't resolve that

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/07/2018 at 9:19 PM, hesi said:

Better hurry up with that upgrade that's been coming for about 12 months, before the majority of posters disappear.:)

Quite simply, most people just want to post about racing, without being abused or micro managed and have as many others as possible do so also, so there is a strong and healthy interchange of information and viewpoints....... and a fun environment

The less that happens, the more they will look elsewhere.

Upgrades or Fiji trips won't resolve that

Just working on that upgrade now Hesi my good mate, 

Thought maybe if I win trip, and theres a good chance seeing ive entered so many times, the two of us could take trip, what do you reckon?

Let's see what or who you are really made of.

I see you are flush with money, and now you have joined BOAY, it is a great opportunity to run a comp on here with a big prize, so all those people you banned from RC, who can't enter, can have the opportunity

:)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Let's see what or who you are really made of.

I see you are flush with money, and now you have joined BOAY, it is a great opportunity to run a comp on here with a big prize, so all those people you banned from RC, who can't enter, can have the opportunity

:)

He would never sign up under his own name, too gutless

16 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

Newmarket,

You say that Scooby3051 is "too gutless" to sign up under their own name.

You haven't either. What is your reason?

Please advise.

All the best.

Ashoka

I meant to say he would never sign up under this log in name, he will use something else, like abcdef as in past. 

I dont give my details, solely because of what had happened on other site with threats

41 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

Newmarket,

You say that Scooby3051 is "too gutless" to sign up under their own name.

You haven't either. What is your reason?

Please advise.

All the best.

Ashoka

ashoka does it really matter how does it affect you

• Like 1

wally,

It has affected me. I have been racially vilified and libelled by an anonymous poster on this website. I realise that people have legitimate reasons for not posting under their real name and am always curious as to what those reasons might be. The price of liberty is said to be "eternal vigilance". If people are reluctant to post under their real identity, then that concerns me  I want to live in an open and democratic nation in which, unless they are criminals, people are unafraid to state their honest beliefs and be responsible for what they say and do.

It is not the actual abuse that concerns me here. It is the abuse of the gift of anonymity that is the issue for me. It is one thing for a website owner to take the seemingly "high road" and state that they will protect the identity of the posters on their website. It is quite another when doing so protects a bigot and liar from being held accountable for their bigotry and lies. A fundamental principle of English justice is the right to know one's accuser. That is not the case here.

Cheers.

Ashoka 

14 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

wally,

It has affected me. I have been racially vilified and libelled by an anonymous poster on this website. I realise that people have legitimate reasons for not posting under their real name and am always curious as to what those reasons might be. The price of liberty is said to be "eternal vigilance". If people are reluctant to post under their real identity, then that concerns me  I want to live in an open and democratic nation in which, unless they are criminals, people are unafraid to state their honest beliefs and be responsible for what they say and do.

It is not the actual abuse that concerns me here. It is the abuse of the gift of anonymity that is the issue for me. It is one thing for a website owner to take the seemingly "high road" and state that they will protect the identity of the posters on their website. It is quite another when doing so protects a bigot and liar from being held accountable for their bigotry and lies. A fundamental principle of English justice is the right to know one's accuser. That is not the case here.

Cheers.

Ashoka 

i assume if you have been racially vilified and libelled you have taken action  

2 hours ago, Ashoka said:

wally,

Cheers.

Ashoka 

Ashoka

I wouldn't normally respond publicly but in this case since you have posted I need to put the record straight.

In the particular case that you are referring to there was no identifying information to pass on even if that information was known to the administrators.  As soon as moderators were notified the offending material was removed.

As I understand the subsequent process involved the Harmful Digital Communications process with which BOAY fully met its obligations.  The case manager from Netsafe was quite clear that BOAY and myself had met all that was required.

We currently have an example of where the personal details of a member on BOAY who used the same username on another site was released to a previous owner of that other site.  That information has been used to create issues for this site and the member.  Fortunately the perpetrator is not as clever as they think they are and the trail is easily followed.

BOAY will respect the right of any individual to remain anonymous and will respect their right to privacy.  We know that the same can't be said for other forums.

We have a process in place to remove offensive posts and although not perfect is effective.  I can assure you that no administrator on this site will exhibit any hypocrisy in the application of the rules.

Cheers

Chief Stipe 

• Like 3