NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Christen Me the 'Underachiever' (Shameful)

Happy Sunrise

If you didn't agree with the sale of Christen Me in the first place, this might piss off you off even more. He has now been on-sold to a new owner and raced at Yonkers last Saturday.

Here is how he was described before the race in their punting advice. He got second in 1.52 but it is all a bit sad and I wonder how all involved are feeling at the moment?

Race 12

In an extremely competitive finale where you can make a case for six of these; I'll stick with the sharp (4) ALOTBETTOR N. Bongiorno trainee gutted out a win against one notch lesser last out but has been right there with this type (and better) in the past. (5) SOHO LENNON A was grinded into submission by Pacing Major N last out; I see an off-the-pace attempt coming tonight. (6) CHRISTEN ME N moves to the Lance Hudson barn and we'll see if it wakes this underachiever up. (2) SOMEWHERE FANCY, who I have listed fourth, is a serious threat to take these wire-to-wire.

image.png.e3a82c4cb95419111a4e6cea0e889f5e.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If you didn't agree with the sale of Christen Me in the first place, this might piss off you off even more. He has now been on-sold to a new owner and raced at Yonkers last Saturday.

Here is how he was described before the race in their punting advice. He got second in 1.52 but it is all a bit sad and I wonder how all involved are feeling at the moment?

What's even sadder is that I suspect "all involved" aren't feeling a thing.

• Like 3

Guest CrossCodes

What's even sadder is that Vicki has probably drunken away all the sale money already, and yet the poor horse is still going to go around and get flogged. 

People like that who go on about how much they love their horses, yeah right, younlove the money they win and as soon as they can't win any more they don't give a stuff, sadly there's a lot out there like this.

23 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

What's even sadder is that Vicki has probably drunken away all the sale money already, and yet the poor horse is still going to go around and get flogged. 

People like that who go on about how much they love their horses, yeah right, younlove the money they win and as soon as they can't win any more they don't give a stuff, sadly there's a lot out there like this.

Couldn't agree more crosscodes, you could see his last season in nz he was saying enough, and the poor bugger has to get used to a different hemisphere and new surroundings twice now in America, shame on those greedy people.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

21 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

They have to live with their conscience one would hope. Providing they have one. I didn't disagree with them for selling, whatever the motives. It was their buisness not ours. It does come back to bite you in the arse  eventually.

The term "underacheiver " how ever ,really does rankle with me . Angry would be a fitting term.

• Like 2