Bit Of A Yarn

Amateurs hammered again!

Brodie

I note that 2 amateur drivers John McDermoot and Sue Blake have had their AMATEUR licenses suspended for about 3 months yesterday at Rangiora.

They lost their ability to drive on Raceday for 3 months due to them both not giving their horses the best chance by basically not hooking out at the 300 and 350 metres after they were having good runs in the running line.

Yes agree that they probably should’ve gone,  but 3 months?

They are AMATEURS after all!

The issue is that it once again seems extremely excessive and that there are POOR drives in every race that the so-called professionals are in!

Nothing is ever said to those drivers in the Stipes reports!

It is the poor AMATEURS that consistently seem to be getting hammered!

Edited by Brodie

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I note that 2 amateur drivers John McDermoot and Sue Blake have had their AMATEUR licenses suspended for about 3 months yesterday at Rangiora.

They lost their ability to drive on Raceday for 3 months due to them both not giving their horses the best chance by basically not hooking out at the 300 and 350 metres after they were having good runs in the running line.

Yes agree that they probably should’ve gone,  but 3 months?

They are AMATEURS after all!

The issue is that it once again seems extremely excessive and that there are POOR drives in every race that the so-called professionals are in!

Nothing is ever said to those drivers in the Stipes reports!

It is the poor AMATEURS that consistently seem to be getting hammered!

Yes saw that Brodie, certainly pick on them a bit considering the pros get away with a lot, amateurs have nothing to gain but a lot to lose by driving in these amateur tote races.

1 hour ago, Boxie said:

Yeah but was there betting on the race?

Boxie, Yes there is  betting on amateur driver harness racing nowadays.

I also didn’t mean to say that the 2 drivers should have been put out, I meant they probably should have made a move before the bend.

You see this all the time and yet nothing is said!

Hammering  the Amateurs is rubbish!

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Boxie, Yes there is  betting on amateur driver harness racing nowadays.

I also didn’t mean to say that the 2 drivers should have been put out, I meant they probably should have made a move before the bend.

You see this all the time and yet nothing is said!

Hammering  the Amateurs is rubbish!

OK I guess the issue is consistency then regardless of if they are Amateurs or not.  With betting on the race I guess they have to operate under the same rules.  I get confused nowadays with the term "amateur" as some of the old timers were Amateur trainers and drivers.  I remember the late W. E. Lowe (Ted) was an Amateur.

2 hours ago, Boxie said:

OK I guess the issue is consistency then regardless of if they are Amateurs or not.  With betting on the race I guess they have to operate under the same rules.  I get confused nowadays with the term "amateur" as some of the old timers were Amateur trainers and drivers.  I remember the late W. E. Lowe (Ted) was an Amateur.

I personally believe that amateurs should be given a bit more leniency than the so-called professionals who be paid.

The amateurs consistently get treated harder than the pros!

3 months seems extremely harsh for what they didn’t do!

• Like 1