NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Wiremu Pinn

hesi

Great article in the Royal NZ herald

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?objectid=12092689&ref=twitter

Great name for a jockey, was he named after that great handicapper of the 70's, Wiremu

Anyhow, I notice a couple of newbies on RC(yes not proud to admit I have a look, a few posters I really enjoy), denigrating the article.

What they have to realise is, the Herald is not a PR rag for NZ Racing.  They are there to write hard hitting but human interest orientated stories to suit their own agendas.

A shame they don't write a few more, warts and all............about the racing industry of course

Edited by hesi

Yes, totally agree Hesi.

It has really turned into a sad little site, unless you agree with Scooby & P4P your opinion is invalid.

If that site was the voice of NZ racing as they wrongly claim, then racing is doomed, it’s full of negativity and shitting on people, many of whom are trying their best for the industry.

The lack of agreement on anything least of all the way forward will be racing’s demise.

Unfortunately if Big Red is calling Pinn his nickname of 'Billy' around the stables...

...it's not helping at all with the 'discipline' required of an apprentice to turn things around...

...it gives him a 'mana' and aura he's not entitled to...

...and now the media's got hold of it and it's 'Billy' this Billy that...

Then he got interviewed and said "he told me to give it a thrashing"

The Stipes were horrified and ordered media training...when this training should be carried out at App. School...

And last week we had the missing weight....where Pinn denied any knowledge...after going to the tuck shop...on a hot favourite which got beat..because of the weighty hot dog

Its a fair article and a warning of the pitfalls of app. stardom which has destroyed many a jockey career...Dillon's  being helpful and Dad like..

The thing I found most interesting about the article was this part below about Josh Adams

"I hadn't met him, but it took as long it takes walking to the letterbox to realise this is a rarely-seen talent. Not long after arriving, he rode two in trackwork for prominent trainer Nigel Tiley and Nigel, a friend, called to say: "This kid got off the horses and told me as much as I knew about them. He's special."

The ability to do that, must present itself with some pretty tempting scenarios

Some could do very well with a lesson in 'mindfulness'...instead of mindless...

Its very new age but thats how the Thai Cave boys coped...

Its Buddhist but beats getting pissed and smoking da gunja when they get off the neddys and step into real life