Bit Of A Yarn

Tavistock 2017-18 NZ Season stats

1 hour ago, MaltedMilkshake said:

Absolutely... how many seasons have they kept spruiking Reliable Man...given they will need time...but I don’t see too many around...I see his fee is $17.5k...needs a top liner...quickly... but don’t worry, I’m sure Gerry will have a buy now pay in 60months special if the numbers don’t appear...

Ocean Park...who is spending their 30k on a service to OP this year...I’d love to know...how can that fee be justified...when you can go to Iffraaj for $5k less...

Indeed or Darci, Zacinto ,Per Incanto,Swiss Ace or Shamexpress for less.

12 minutes ago, MaltedMilkshake said:

Well the best deal either side of the ditch is Smart Missile at $12k...he gets winners everywhere, everyday of the week...and simply offers an incredible record.

Per Incanto at $15+ or Smart Missile at $12k.....

Yes only lacking that big horse, then there is the Zed of Australia the mighty Bon Hoffa more my price range ;0

12 hours ago, Huey said:

Yes only lacking that big horse, then there is the Zed of Australia the mighty Bon Hoffa more my price range ;0

Love the Bon Hoffas....his son bon aurum will stand this year...and Kris Lees has a good SM filly ready for the Guineas..

I saw a lovely stallion last weekend, Under The Louvre...wow, what a lovely horse...he should be on every breed to race breeders list.  His first foals are great...and his fee is very reasonable (by Aussie standards)... he’s in the Spirit of Boom mould...his pedigree is better...and he raced until he was 6...love to support him but the conditions at the moment with the drought I don’t think it’s fair on the mares to ask them to produce under such tough conditions...

• 1 month later...
On 8/08/2018 at 7:09 PM, Weasel said:

i thought the run was game and honest ...very wide into the straight didnt help but the winner won too well for excuses. 3rd woulda been nice though! I'l lkeep an eye out for him 

cheers

Nice win today, been close up last few starts, they certainly give him some racing, 

26 minutes ago, Shad said:

Nice win today, been close up last few starts, they certainly give him some racing, 

indeed Shad,  he's tough and genuine ...hope you got the cash!
I note another Tavistock 7yo (Trinovantes) won the first ..15 winners for the sire since September ...only 1 by a 3yo, and most of them over sprint journeys

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 9:06 PM, Weasel said:

indeed Shad,  he's tough and genuine ...hope you got the cash!
I note another Tavistock 7yo (Trinovantes) won the first ..15 winners for the sire since September ...only 1 by a 3yo, and most of them over sprint journeys

Didn't go a bad race in the cup, a wee way back, but had many behind him, not bad for the outsider of the field.

10 hours ago, Huey said:

Going to be interesting  to see how they sell at R2R , he has had a quiet time of late particularly  in Australia. 

yes indeed. Update for you if interested...

2017/18 Season NZ

·         17 races won; 13 individual winners, no Group or Listed wins (early days)

·         12 wins by girls, 5 by boys

·         12 sprint  wins (6@ 1200m; 1@ 1300m;  5@ 1400m)

·         2  wins @1600m

·         3 middle distance wins (2000m -2100m)

·         NO 2yo winners; only ONE 3yo winner  (Loose Cannon, filly, now injured) so far

·         11 of the 17 wins are from 6yo or older

·         Winningest horse is 6yo sprinting mare Donna Anne Billy (3 wins); then Lady Kartel and Moss Jazz (2 wins each), also sprinters

·         0 wins in August; 8 wins in Sept; 5 wins in Oct; 4 so far in Nov

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Weasel said:

yes indeed. Update for you if interested...

2017/18 Season NZ

·         17 races won; 13 individual winners, no Group or Listed wins (early days)

·         12 wins by girls, 5 by boys

·         12 sprint  wins (6@ 1200m; 1@ 1300m;  5@ 1400m)

·         2  wins @1600m

·         3 middle distance wins (2000m -2100m)

·         NO 2yo winners; only ONE 3yo winner  (Loose Cannon, filly, now injured) so far

·         11 of the 17 wins are from 6yo or older

·         Winningest horse is 6yo sprinting mare Donna Anne Billy (3 wins); then Lady Kartel and Moss Jazz (2 wins each), also sprinters

·         0 wins in August; 8 wins in Sept; 5 wins in Oct; 4 so far in Nov

slight mistook there Huey...it is of course the CURRENT SEASON stats, not 2017/18!!

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Shad said:

Nice win today after rough ride last start, ran away from them, 52kg and a soft track helped.

I assume you have something to do with this horse, Shad...if so, well done you! Had a couple of $$ on him and didn't expect the win to be quite so commanding.

29th win by a Tavistock horse this season, only the 7th by a male;
only 4 (of 29 wins) have been beyond 1600m !!  (2 of those 4 have been by Shantav at Gore)

1 hour ago, Weasel said:

I assume you have something to do with this horse, Shad...if so, well done you! Had a couple of $$ on him and didn't expect the win to be quite so commanding.

29th win by a Tavistock horse this season, only the 7th by a male;
only 4 (of 29 wins) have been beyond 1600m !!  (2 of those 4 have been by Shantav at Gore)

A mate has a wee interest in him so follow him closely, last start was 4 wide out the straight 3 wide down the side and had the leader on the rest of the race, a barnes special that ride, to be honest to finish within 9 lengths  from the winner was a good run, that day, win yesterday not unexpected, but the margin was, the handicapper be on to him for winning out of his grade. Cheers for the stats , quite interesting. 

TAVISTOCK 2018/19 NZ SEASON - WINNERS UPDATE

29 races won; 22 individual winners, 0  Group wins ; 1 Listed win (Tomelilla - Haunui Farm Karaka Classic)

·         22 wins by girls, 7 by boys

·         18 wins 1000m-1400m

·         7  wins @1500-1600m

·         4 middle distance wins (2000m -2100m; 2 of them by Shantav @ Gore)

·         0 x 2yo winners (only 1 runner) ; 6 X 3yo winners (Loose Cannon; Sunny Rose, Upscale, She's A Goddess, Blue Eyed Susie (all fillies);
          Time's Ticking (gelding)

·         19 of the 29 wins are from 5yo or older (incl 6 wins from his first crop ie 7yos) 

·         0 wins in August; 8 in Sept; 5 in Oct; 5 in Nov; 7 in Dec and 4 so far in January 2019

• Champ Post 1

13 hours ago, Shad said:

Very interesting stats, and with the big sales coming up, just how much of a bearing this will have. Will have to see how many he has in. Any predictions.

84 in, I thought he'd struggle a bit last year , but they certainly seemed to go ok, alot of them look like the stats are indicating , they'll need some time.

54 minutes ago, Huey said:

84 in, I thought he'd struggle a bit last year , but they certainly seemed to go ok, alot of them look like the stats are indicating , they'll need some time.

Trouble is a lot of owners dont want a horse that needs time, maybe a little different for tavistock, being proven in all, and he his been a great sire. These days they want the youngsters that get to the races and show ability,  many don't make it when time to grow and mature, you may see a different outcome, just my opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...

TAVISTOCK 2018/19 NZ SEASON - WINNERS UPDATE@ 15/2/2019

31 races won; 24 individual winners, 0  Group wins ; 1 Listed win (Tomelilla - Haunui Farm Karaka Classic)

·         23 wins by girls,8  by boys

·         19 wins 1000m-1400m

·         8  wins @1500-1600m

·         4 middle distance wins (2000m -2100m; 2 of them by Shantav @ Gore)

·         0 x 2yo winners (only 1 runner) ; 7 X 3yo winners (Loose Cannon; Sunny Rose, Upscale, She's A Goddess, Blue Eyed Susie, Kainui Rose (all fillies); Time's Ticking (gelding)

·         20 of the 29 wins are from 5yo or older (incl 7wins from his first crop ie 7yos) 

·         0 wins in August; 8 in Sept; 5 in Oct; 5 in Nov; 7 in Dec, 5 in January and 2 so far 2019

• Champ Post 1

• 2 months later...

TAVISTOCK 2018/19 NZ SEASON - WINNERS UPDATE@ 6/5/2019

44 races won; 33 individual winners, 0  Group wins ; 1 Listed win (Tomelilla - Haunui Farm Karaka Classic)

·         31 wins by girls,13  by boys

·         23 wins 1000m-1400m

·         11  wins @1401m-1600m

·         10 middle distance wins (2000m -2100m)

0 x 2yo winners; 14 x 3yo wins (11 from fillies, 3 x geldings)

·         21 of the 44 wins are from 5yo or older (incl 7 wins from his first crop, ie 7yos) 

·         0 wins in August; 8 in Sept; 5 in Oct; 5 in Nov; 7 in Dec, 5 in January, 4 in Feb, 4 in March, 5 in April; 1 so far in May 2019

• Most wins: (4) Donna Anne Billy;  (2) each by Moss Jazz, Lady Kartel, Shantav, She's A Goddess, Spring Delight, Mamma Sans, Granite Ridge
  • Best win: Tomelilla (Listed Haunui Farm Karaka Classic, Sep 23 2018)

• 2 months later...