Bit Of A Yarn

Dyna Weslyn

16 hours ago, BitofaLegend said:

First time over 645 today and breaks the track record. Will she follow in her mothers footsteps over the longer journey?

lucky not to catch the lure coming for home which would of been a shame. still unbeaten in NZ very fast dog

• Like 1

That’s a bit unfair  Aquaman , Wheeler did sponsor a race once would have cost him all of $200 — $250.

But in all those years his dogs would have out of NZ minimum $2,000.000.+++

All dogs that have been imported into should be sent back to Australia for their gap program...

I think at the moment the Association is allowing 20 per month from Australia . 240 per year imports..

I may be wrong but I think that’s around the number that Gap find homes for each year , so unfortunately all the New Zealand bred dogs are just left sitting waiting with the que getting longer times the amount of pups NZ breeds each year..

This is just a dumping ground for Australian dogs that have been ticketed and the take our money as well.

$5,000 entry fee into NZ and they have to be sent back to Australia once they finish racing.

• Like 2

Guest CrossCodes

And imagine if McInerney was made to rehome at least some of his dogs, the waiting list would be even longer!

But it appears no matter how many reports come out, or how it appears rehoming is a big ticket item for the NZGRA this kennel, and other dog farms, are allowed to get away with destroying every dog once their use is over.

I have looked through the GAP website and can see one McInerney dog on the list over the past 5years that has been rehomed, but it appears he can do whatever he likes and the NZGRA are gutless to do anything about it.