Bit Of A Yarn

Anzac day

Representation from the Armed Forces now disallowed on one of our most important days.

Reason?  Covid-19.   Really?  What about the general public,  who are now allowed to attend outside gatherings in unlimited numbers....are our Service personnel somehow more vulnerable than the man in the street?

They were at the frontline of infection while manning the stuttering quarantine facilities,  ffs...what an insult to those who gave their lives - and their families.

I'd lay odds it has nowt to do with Covid-19 and everything to do with dismantling the fabric of our society- as we know it.

No Last Post ?    Doesn't bear contemplation. 

• 3 weeks later...

Had to take a rat test to visit my mum's recent stay in hospital, but the jabbed can walk in an out at will and could have it themselves, crazy, shame about the anzac rule, some of those old soldiers been through tuffer stuff than this, I did see one on TV last night saying he's not worried about it and he's over 100, covid a great excuse for just about anything, on the upside I am allowed to go back to work, glad I stuck to my guns looking back have no regrets, there a lot of three shot people out there that are getting knocked around bigtime by the lurgy.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Good news about the job.  I don't know anyone who has been seriously affected by Covid, just about everyone in my circle of acquaintances has had it, but for all, a bad cold is how they describe it.   Most are triple-jabbed, certainly no protection, and immigrants are still discriminated against it seems.

Just now, Freda said:

Good news about the job.  I don't know anyone who has been seriously affected by Covid, just about everyone in my circle of acquaintances has had it, but for all, a bad cold is how they describe it.   Most are triple-jabbed, certainly no protection, and immigrants are still discriminated against it seems.

I do know a few who have been very unwell following a booster.

• Like 1