Bit Of A Yarn

Stallions Parades / Open Days

Hi Jess

I've chopped a 2min (268Mb) video of Redwood down, to allow me to post it on this site..excuse the arbitrary cut-off

hopefully you will see enough to satisfy your interest in him.

All the stallions paraded today at Westbury (Redwood, Reliable Man, Telperion, Swiss Ace, El Roca, Tarzino ..and Postponed at 21yrs of age were presented in truly magnificent order. It was difficult to 'rank' them on looks/condition but if I had to make a call I'd go:

Redwood physically superb with a Brad Pitt attitude!), Telperion and Tarzino.  But im no breeding expert.

Enjoy the video.

Oh Weasel.  Not sure who is the bigger star  - you or Redwood!

Thanks very much for that - he looks a picture.  Good effort on the camera.  Imagine if we got one of these for each horse paraded this time of year ...

Looks like you got a good day for it too.  Anyone off to Rich Hill?  

26 minutes ago, jess said:

Oh Weasel.  Not sure who is the bigger star  - you or Redwood!

Thanks very much for that - he looks a picture.  Good effort on the camera.  Imagine if we got one of these for each horse paraded this time of year ...

Looks like you got a good day for it too.  Anyone off to Rich Hill?  

Clearly I am abiggesr star than Redwood ..he's far too pncy and arrogant/superior in bearing, while this modest mustelid just quiwtly accqepts any atroke on the chin he can get and blushes accordingly. Thanks Jess. I have pics (but not videos) of all the stallions paraded but wont post them unless you really want to see them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Weasel said:

Clearly I am abiggesr star than Redwood ..he's far too pncy and arrogant/superior in bearing, while this modest mustelid just quiwtly accqepts any atroke on the chin he can get and blushes accordingly. Thanks Jess. I have pics (but not videos) of all the stallions paraded but wont post them unless you really want to see them.

Post away. I thought Redwood was part of the Auckland tour?

Please note:

this is a video LOL ... of photos...LOLOL ...somehow I've made a video, and have no idea how...

you'll have to pause the flocking thing to identify and inspect the ones you like most !

I missed completely getting El Roca, sorry...

So we have, in order: Redwood, Postponed, Telperion, Reliable Man, Swiss Ace and Tarzino.

Cheers

mustelidus maximus

Movie maestro mustelid!  I have no idea how you did that either Weasel but that was bloody great!  And with a sound track!  

Now unless you have secret cinematographer talents or are an undercover Westbury Weasel - I'm left thinking how cool is that and how readily could all these parades be shared amongst lots of keen breeders (and fans/tyre kickers) who are unable to attend on the day.

Thanks very much Weasel.  Nice work that man 

2 hours ago, jess said:

... oh and I think I am in love with Redwood ...

He's better looking than me ...just a tad younger, I'd say ...and he knows it. Very impressive individual, and Rosewood did the job beautifully again today. I took away a little something from Westbury yesterday for you..

if you can advise me of a postal address I will snail mail it to you.

D:

Good on ya Rich Hill!!

Besides the horse flash on show I really liked the casual, spacious  setting for the parade - the nice easy manner of the handlers - and in turn, the relaxed way the stallions paraded.

I was expecting the commentary to be from the stud master on the day but it had been spliced in from the promotional material. No matter. It might have been hard to get a good soundtrack under conditions. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Actually hope to be doing business with them next season.

Thanks Rich Hill - and Huey for sharing. 

J.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, jess said:

Movie maestro mustelid!  I have no idea how you did that either Weasel but that was bloody great!  And with a sound track!  

Now unless you have secret cinematographer talents or are an undercover Westbury Weasel - I'm left thinking how cool is that and how readily could all these parades be shared amongst lots of keen breeders (and fans/tyre kickers) who are unable to attend on the day.

Thanks very much Weasel.  Nice work that man 

just re-reading this thread Jess ..I am in no way an undercover Westbury Weasel ...if you'd like the little memento I snaffled for you from Mr Redwood, I will need a convenient postal address to send it to, perhaps that ofa  third party if you are concerned I am a some kind of Stalking Mustelid LOL

Hee hee Mustelidus maximus .... I was not serious at all in my wee Westbury Weasel comment ... I am fully convinced you are an independent mustelid who roams freely wherever he chooses without fear or favor ..

Nor do I sense you are a stalking mustelid ... although I must advise that given my own tribe of equines - if your memento from the ravishing Redwood is a little piece of poop - I have more than enough of that commodity to cater for the composting needs of a medium sized town so I should save you the cost of postage ? 

• 3 weeks later...