NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

This is shocking

barryb

53 minutes ago, curious said:

Shocking indeed but I'm not sure who is worse. They are resilient creatures. Worm it, do its teeth, give it a feed, find it a loving home. No, they shoot the poor bloody thing. Shame on them.

curious, to be fair, from what was described in the article, and by photo, as sad as it is, i think the vet reached the right decision there,. in saying this, the owner should have been put down first. i can not for the life of me understand why people get animals, but then do not take the time to look after them.  how id love 5 minutes with the owner of that horse, because id have the owner down 6 feet under before the horse

3 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

curious, to be fair, from what was described in the article, and by photo, as sad as it is, i think the vet reached the right decision there,. in saying this, the owner should have been put down first. i can not for the life of me understand why people get animals, but then do not take the time to look after them.  how id love 5 minutes with the owner of that horse, because id have the owner down 6 feet under before the horse

Probably no surprise when you read his previous history.

1 hour ago, MarkyMark said:

Fair enough MM but for me, I think the action of the SPCA is shameful and I am shocked by their actions in this story. I'm going to a birthday party on Saturday where in lieu of presents, I'm invited to drop a coin or some notes in a bucket for the SPCA. I was intending to contribute a hundred bucks which is maybe about what I would have spent on a present. After reading this I will probably contribute somewhere between nothing and a token gold coin if it is going to be used to kill horses rather than save them.

Edited by curious

6 hours ago, curious said:

Fair enough MM but for me, I think the action of the SPCA is shameful and I am shocked by their actions in this story. I'm going to a birthday party on Saturday where in lieu of presents, I'm invited to drop a coin or some notes in a bucket for the SPCA. I was intending to contribute a hundred bucks which is maybe about what I would have spent on a present. After reading this I will probably contribute somewhere between nothing and a token gold coin if it is going to be used to kill horses rather than save them.

I'm with you there.

The shocking inaction with a couple of serious horse abuse cases down here ( and no doubt there have been others less well publicised) disgusted me and I haven't donated since.

A local horse float company owner hit a hawk while driving, wounding it but not fatally.

He rang the SPCA to be told by the woman answering the phone ' we don't do birds.....can't you hit it on the head or something?'

Luckily he remembered there was a woman who rescued wild birds and was able to deliver it to her.

Edited by Freda
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

8 hours ago, curious said:

I agree they were alerted in 2017. Its a very sad story and for all of us that love these animals its rather heartbreaking 

• 2 weeks later...

Another horrendous thing to do, what the fark is wrong with some people.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/106563396/far-north-familys-pet-calf-believed-bashed-and-left-to-die-slowly-and-painfully

We do seem to produce some of sickest sort of people in this country at times, got to stop namby pamby farking crap with some of these losers.

Edited by barryb