Bit Of A Yarn

Jerry garcia

the galah

What a wonderful horse he is.170 starts . Won as a 2 year old and still winning at 12. His owners, m & t copland, b brice and miss  f o'reilly must have received endless enjoyment out of watching him race.

The trainers,the O'reilly's have done an amazing job,and must really have taken care of him as he still has the same will to win and wish to please  his trainers as he has always shown over the years. 

We do still have franco huntington and four starzzz shiraz in the south who have done great jobs,but these type of horses are getting very rare these days.Its a shame because the likes of jerry garcia have every right to be called one of the stars of the sport,as they inspire participation and are recognised and admired just as much,if not more by the dwindling number of owners and trainers who don't have big teams. 

Whatever they do in the future,we know they will be always well looked after and that is another reason why the likes of jerry garcia is whats good about harness racing.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, the galah said:

What a wonderful horse he is.170 starts . Won as a 2 year old and still winning at 12. His owners, m & t copland, b brice and miss  f o'reilly must have received endless enjoyment out of watching him race.

The trainers,the O'reilly's have done an amazing job,and must really have taken care of him as he still has the same will to win and wish to please  his trainers as he has always shown over the years. 

We do still have franco huntington and four starzzz shiraz in the south who have done great jobs,but these type of horses are getting very rare these days.Its a shame because the likes of jerry garcia have every right to be called one of the stars of the sport,as they inspire participation and are recognised and admired just as much,if not more by the dwindling number of owners and trainers who don't have big teams. 

Whatever they do in the future,we know they will be always well looked after and that is another reason why the likes of jerry garcia is whats good about harness racing.

Your not wrong,  the story around the connections is just as good, a written story on HRNZ website will never tell the story of the emotion around his win yesterday.  If you want that go to Harness racing unhinged on Facebook. Shame yet again they chose not to link any of my interviews .

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

9 minutes ago, Unhinged said:

Your not wrong,  the story around the connections is just as good, a written story on HRNZ website will never tell the story of the emotion around his win yesterday.  If you want that go to Harness racing unhinged on Facebook. Shame yet again they chose not to link any of my interviews .

Just watched the interview you refer to. Gives even more appreciation of what a heart warming story that is.

I do hope HRNZ put that link up for that as its  a feel good story if ever I've seen one.Somehow,with what i've seen of your past  video interviews,you get across what racing is all about,whether it be the high achievers or the grass roots.it seems a win/win if they post more of your input.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, the galah said:

Just watched the interview you refer to. Gives even more appreciation of what a heart warming story that is.

I do hope HRNZ put that link up for that as its  a feel good story if ever I've seen one.Somehow,with what i've seen of your past  video interviews,you get across what racing is all about,whether it be the high achievers or the grass roots.it seems a win/win if they post more of your input.

Don't hold your breath with that one

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1