Bit Of A Yarn

Immortal Change.

globederby12

How the hell does that run in Race one at Adders and the drive by Munro  not get queried.  As one of the favs you would have expected from barrier 4 some sort of urgency to keep handy at least.

It was fair dinkum  walked off the gate to last place. It might not have gate speed but that was pathetic. To then finish on for 5th would have had me yelling abuse over the handrail.

I didnt back it but had it marked down.  

Thats my rant after R1, hope this doesnt set the tone for the evening. Not the rant, the piss poor driving.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

How the hell does that run in Race one at Adders and the drive by Munro  not get queried. 

Oh it will. Wait for the stipes report.

It will be adjourned. He will go for months. 

While the horse has not shown much gate speed that was pathetic if there is no viable explanation.

It certainly isn't a rant, Globe. It is a factual analysis.

• Like 1

Guest CrossCodes

Amateur races always throw up terrible drives, I've learnt the hard way to steer clear of those races, they are an absolute lottery and women of the drives are farcical. You would think they would get better the more drives they have, they seem to get worse.

Lucky really. Little gate speed but no reason to put the horse in reverse at the start.

IMMORTAL CHANGE - out of position at the start. Driver N Munro was issued with a warning. Raced wide from the 850 metres. Held up on the final bend and then forced extremely wide. Driver N Munro reported that the removable hood was unable to be activated due to the cord becoming entangled. Stewards questioned Driver N Munro regarding the tactics he adopted during the running. Mr Munro advised that the horse lacked gate speed and is best suited when driven for one run so he elected to restrain his horse in the early stages to obtain cover closer to the marker line. Mr Munro added that he had improved three wide with cover from the 850 metres however had been unable to make ground due to the three wide line failing to progress forwards resulting in him having to race very wide on the final bend. After hearing from Mr Munro, Stewards were satisfied his explanation was reasonable in the circumstances and took the matter no further.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Amateur races always throw up terrible drives, I've learnt the hard way to steer clear of those races, they are an absolute lottery and women of the drives are farcical. You would think they would get better the more drives they have, they seem to get worse.

i would have said munro is usually above average for an amateur and more could have been expected

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

so he elected to restrain his horse in the early stages to obtain cover closer to the marker lin

No he feckin didn't. He restrained it to the rear from the outset, it was going slower than a one legged dog on tranquilizers and even if he couldn't get to the marker line he made no effort to keep up. Did he think he was on Lazarus. 

• Haha 1