Bit Of A Yarn

Timaru Stipes report lol!

Brodie

Just read the Stipes report from the meeting today at Timaru.

Geez I dont think I have read a bigger one ever, mustve taken a while to write it all up lol.

A lot of it is a load of rubbish and worthless really!

They really are not that flash and many people could do what they do nowadays with bugger all training.

An example is that they questioned Sarah O’Reilly on the improved performance from Sweet Belle That finished third!

Apart from the stupidity of asking the question, they accepted Sarah’s explanation that the horse had been racing without much luck from bad barrier draws in recent starts!!

She also stated the horse had been able to capitalise on an economical run today lol!

THE HORSE SAT PARKED OUT FOR THE WHOLE RACE!!!
Since when has sitting parked without any cover for the whole race been classed as an ECONOMICAL RUN???????

This lot are not that flash ! 

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

• Brodie changed the title to Timaru Stipes report lol!

It was a long report,but i have always been a believer in the more information available to the public,the better.

Also sometimes you can have a day when you get a few more things which deserve a mention.

Its much better to think the stipes are treating everyone the same.

Where you get dissatisfaction,or the perception of favoritism is where one trainer/driver is scrutinised or given a mention,and someone else or there horse has done the same thing and doesn't get a mention.Its a good thing if the stipes report is lengthy and shows consistency in the application of the rules.

As to sweet belle. I think that falls into the better to have more information than less category.

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

It was a long report,but i have always been a believer in the more information available to the public,the better.

Also sometimes you can have a day when you get a few more things which deserve a mention.

Its much better to think the stipes are treating everyone the same.

Where you get dissatisfaction,or the perception of favoritism is where one trainer/driver is scrutinised or given a mention,and someone else or there horse has done the same thing and doesn't get a mention.Its a good thing if the stipes report is lengthy and shows consistency in the application of the rules.

As to sweet belle. I think that falls into the better to have more information than less category.

Anyone that can watch a video could see most of what was stated.

Why they still bother with having betting on amateur races is hard to fathom.

What do they expect from Amateurs, but yet they always get treated like the fulltimers!

Pointless even asking Sarah O’reilly the question!!

If the Stipes had any professionalism, they would know that Sweet Belle has ability and wasnt a run out of the ordinary!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brodie said:

Anyone that can watch a video could see most of what was stated.

Why they still bother with having betting on amateur races is hard to fathom.

What do they expect from Amateurs, but yet they always get treated like the fulltimers!

Pointless even asking Sarah O’reilly the question!!

If the Stipes had any professionalism, they would know that Sweet Belle has ability and wasnt a run out of the ordinary!!

I read each stipe report and think its worthwhile reading the entire report. Doesn't matter how long it is to me..

Betting on amateurs you need to factor in the drivers a bit more,but punters don't have to bet on them if they don't want to.When they hand out penalties,the amateurs do seem to get the wrong end of the stick and personally i think the length of penalties given to them and other not as busy professional drivers, is a bit unfair. But number of drives is how they currently do it,so they are stuck with it at the moment.

Assessment of form is based on opinions and recent form of horses mentioned in the stipes report may not always be given the same  assessment as you or i.You seeing sweet belles performance yesterday as no surprise is why you are a successful punter.

I still think the more information available the better.Of course the vast majority of the stipes reports should and is made up of facts and detail around what actually happened on the day,and therefore if something happens that requires mentiioning,then it should be in there.

Edited by the galah