Bit Of A Yarn

Te Akau To Clean Sweep KM This Evening?

18 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I didn't make a claim about how many they would win.  I asked a question.

I did claim that Ellis has one of the highest stakes winners from purchases stats.  

Your question-'Anyone willing to bet that Te Akau doesn't take home most of the spoils at the KM Races this evening?'

My reply is....me.

So what does 'most of the spoils 'mean in your assessment?

Tokyo Tycoon another "bargain" buy Karaka Million winner by Te Akau just like On the Bubbles and what a thrill for the large group of owners.  At the other end of the scale Espionage which i think was their top priced purchase at Karaka 2020 is still trying to win one.  They seem to have a much better record with these reasonably priced horses. 

On 1/25/2023 at 4:00 PM, Peanut said:

Tokyo Tycoon another "bargain" buy Karaka Million winner by Te Akau just like On the Bubbles and what a thrill for the large group of owners.  At the other end of the scale Espionage which i think was their top priced purchase at Karaka 2020 is still trying to win one.  They seem to have a much better record with these reasonably priced horses. 

The last analysis  I am aware of ROI re Ellis and his buys showed a big loss.Admittedly that was 8 or 9 years ago.

Breeders,buyers,trainers know very well..it's a..numbers game.