Bit Of A Yarn

schofields

wally

I find it odd that the RIU investigators don't have bigger problems to be undertaking, then trying to prosecute someone (now more than one) that are not even LP's any longer. I suppose they've given up on the dress code that was such a hot topic a couple of years ago & need something to do...

I believe the RIU went way overboard when they came to the conclusion that the source of meth had to be David. What gave them the right to come to that assumption? Meth is everywhere in NZ, whether we like it or not. Remember those TV shows that proved there was a higher concentration on Meth on bank notes than the cut-off point of the contamination levels in homes? The TV reporter didn't implicate David for that! 

At the end of the day, Denis won a C1 sprint with a dog that had methamphetamine in it's system. How it got there is only speculation, but I find it hard to believe that anyone deliberately drugged the dog to win the $700ish purse. Denis since has basically paid the ultimate price for the crime, hasn't he?

However, not settled with that result, the RIU ever since have taken every pot shot then could to continue the saga... If it was integrity the RIU was after, why didn't they hand the swab information over to the police, like they seemed to have over the last year and a half in the recent Harness saga?

Why have the two saga's been treated so differently?

Smoke & mirrors in the RIU's attempt to show the three codes & the NZRB that their actually doing their job.

Sometimes I wish people would actually take the time to look at the big picture, which is one step further than being settled with what the powers fed them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

I find it odd that the RIU investigators don't have bigger problems to be undertaking, then trying to prosecute someone (now more than one) that are not even LP's any longer. I suppose they've given up on the dress code that was such a hot topic a couple of years ago & need something to do...

I believe the RIU went way overboard when they came to the conclusion that the source of meth had to be David. What gave them the right to come to that assumption? Meth is everywhere in NZ, whether we like it or not. Remember those TV shows that proved there was a higher concentration on Meth on bank notes than the cut-off point of the contamination levels in homes? The TV reporter didn't implicate David for that! 

At the end of the day, Denis won a C1 sprint with a dog that had methamphetamine in it's system. How it got there is only speculation, but I find it hard to believe that anyone deliberately drugged the dog to win the $700ish purse. Denis since has basically paid the ultimate price for the crime, hasn't he?

However, not settled with that result, the RIU ever since have taken every pot shot then could to continue the saga... If it was integrity the RIU was after, why didn't they hand the swab information over to the police, like they seemed to have over the last year and a half in the recent Harness saga?

Why have the two saga's been treated so differently?

Smoke & mirrors in the RIU's attempt to show the three codes & the NZRB that their actually doing their job.

Sometimes I wish people would actually take the time to look at the big picture, which is one step further than being settled with what the powers fed them.

so are you trying to say this latest saga shouldnt have happened

33 minutes ago, wally said:

hi jacob wouldnt have been prudent to tell the riu the full story then you wouldnt have to defend yourself

Look, I never disclosed all the information to Mr Cruikshank's when I made that statement. However, we had not had a very in depth conversation, it was very brief.

I feel he should have asked me why I gave that statement. Instead, I did not hear from him until 2 and a bit months later after the incident and was given my charges through my email.

Do you not think it was unfair that he did not once ask me why I gave that statement after the incident and prior to receiving the charges? He is an investigator after all, so it is his job

He came around the day before (Supposedly to give me my charges), however I was not home. He than decided during that same day (the incident is mentioned in the case, however it had nothing to do with my license) that he wanted to check the microchip number of every dog left on the property and was adamant that he could do it even though the property is de-registered and no licensed people reside on site (which is trespassing).

Edited by Jacob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jacob said:

Look, I never disclosed all the information to Mr Cruikshank's when I made that statement. However, we had not had a very in depth conversation, it was very brief.

I feel he should have asked me why I gave that statement. Instead, I did not hear from him until 2 and a bit months later after the incident and was given my charges through email.

Do you not think it was unfair that he did not once ask me why I gave that statement after the incident and prior to receiving the charges? He is an investigator after all, so it is his job

He came around the day before (Supposedly to give me my charges), however I was not home. He than decided during that same day (the incident is mentioned in the case, however it had nothing to do with us losing our licenses it says) that he wanted to check the microchip number of every dog left on the property and was adamant that he could do it even though the property is de-registered and no licensed people reside on site (which is trespassing).

jacob if there are registered greyhounds there he can inspect and when was the property de registered

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wally said:

so are you trying to say this latest saga shouldnt have happened

What I'm saying (or asking) is why has the RIU passed an investigation over to the police which includes drugs (MDMA) for those in the Harness code, yet the didn't pass over an investigation into Methamphetamine?

Which drug is worse?

Which drug is higher on the police's wanted list?

Why the inconsistency?

Drugs are against the rules of both codes. The RIU are the same police for both codes.

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jacob said:

From the constitution:

image.png.69196775baa8f9daa20765c0df123747.png

What the rule book says their racecourse investigators can do:

image.png.1aaf8b280c4776507c8dd70716192de6.png

image.png

Since the property was deregistered & no LP's resided there, might as well use the GRNZ rule book (constitution as well) to wipe ones backside with.

It's meaningless under those terms.

If Denis would like to, he continue a greyhound breeding programme & sell the pups on TradeMe. He could market them to the homes that want a young greyhound that's never seen a racetrack. That could take a bit of a bite out of GAP's rehoming numbers if he sold the pups for the same price GAP charges to rehome a dog.

Competition drives a market...

The rules seem pretty clear. The riu investigators have no power over unlicensed people and properties. 

If the had any concerns over training arrangements or anything of that kind, im sure they could go and check the properties where the dogs are.

They clearly cannot enter properties freely when no one is licensed on it as per their own rules and it would be doubtful that they could even if they put it into their rules. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Since the property was deregistered & no LP's resided there, might as well use the GRNZ rule book (constitution as well) to wipe ones backside with.

It's meaningless under those terms.

If Denis would like to, he continue a greyhound breeding programme & sell the pups on TradeMe. He could market them to the homes that want a young greyhound that's never seen a racetrack. That could take a bit of a bite out of GAP's rehoming numbers if he sold the pups for the same price GAP charges to rehome a dog.

Competition drives a market...

competition might drive the market but cant really see people lining up for rehomed greyhounds

2 hours ago, wally said:

so when did mr cruickshank trespass  what date

2nd of august, when he entered the property to give me my 'warning' and refused to leave because he was apparently allowed to enter the kennel block even though the rules say they only have the rights to enter a property where licensed people reside. He would not leave after being asked to leave several times. If he had entered the kennel block. I would consider that trespassing. 

And just so we are clear, let me highlight the powers of an RIU Investigator once more:

image.png.bb0297840f831d3902d8e9bc3e48ca61.png

Edited by Jacob

35 minutes ago, Jacob said:

2nd of august, when he entered the property to give me my 'warning' and refused to leave because he was apparently allowed to enter the kennel block even though the rules say they only have the rights to enter a property where licensed people reside. He would not leave after being asked to leave several times. If he had entered the kennel block. I would consider that trespassing. 

And just so we are clear, let me highlight the powers of an RIU Investigator once more:

image.png.bb0297840f831d3902d8e9bc3e48ca61.png

2 things jacob was you licensed and was the property deregistered then

2 minutes ago, Jacob said:

licenses renew 1st of August, no ones license was renewed and the property was de-registered as a result of this as no one lived on site that was licensed

fine line when he spoke to you that day was  you licensed or was there any registered dogs why didnt you ring the police and have him trespassed

because he left. Why would we bother. His superiors were contacted and have promised that it would not happen again. Also, I was not there that day so how did he speak with me? You need to read the original post. Anywho, this will be my last post on the subject. 

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, Yankiwi said:

What I'm saying (or asking) is why has the RIU passed an investigation over to the police which includes drugs (MDMA) for those in the Harness code, yet the didn't pass over an investigation into Methamphetamine?

Which drug is worse?

Which drug is higher on the police's wanted list?

Why the inconsistency?

Drugs are against the rules of both codes. The RIU are the same police for both codes.

Yankiwi, re the Harness scandal: the RIU didn't pass onto the Police, an investigation which included drugs. It was an investigation into Match Fixing.  As a result of phone tapping and monitoring text messages, the MDMA/Drug evidence was subsequenty discovered.

I do agree with you that pursuing charges against an Unlicensed person is a total waste of industry funds