Bit Of A Yarn

Taylor Mile

Mark Purdon drives a great race to track the Aussie up and take out the Big Mile race tonight. ( and cost mrs Feiss $35,000 by knocking her off by a nose ) .  Mark will have to pull out all the sweet talking to her to explain that to his owner lol.

Copy That out and running in 26 seconds first quarter , was a bit tough to kick again at the end.

Still if you're taking the 3 best horses in Nz (and the best Aussie ) in the First 4 Bet,  it's All good news !!  as those 4 a bit sharp for the rest of that field . and it paid $430 here too. gotta love these good horses and drivers going around in Nz on Friday evenings . 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Mark Purdon drives a great race to track the Aussie up and take out the Big Mile race tonight. ( and cost mrs Feiss $35,000 by knocking her off by a nose ) .  Mark will have to pull out all the sweet talking to her to explain that to his owner lol.

Copy That out and running in 26 seconds first quarter , was a bit tough to kick again at the end.

Still if you're taking the 3 best horses in Nz (and the best Aussie ) in the First 4 Bet,  it's All good news !!  as those 4 a bit sharp for the rest of that field . and it paid $430 here too. gotta love these good horses and drivers going around in Nz on Friday evenings . 

I see m purdon got a 7 day suspension,plus $300 fine for his whip use. 

The result showed purdon made all the right moves,as he so often does.

But the slow middle half(60.7 seconds) really helped those at the back.I always think if the leaders have gone hard early then they are better to at least maintain a reasonable speed in front than use the fast,slow,fast tactic. Consistency in tempo is  what wins races.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, the galah said:

I see m purdon got a 7 day suspension,plus $300 fine for his whip use. 

The result showed purdon made all the right moves,as he so often does.

But the slow middle half(60.7 seconds) really helped those at the back.I always think if the leaders have gone hard early then they are better to at least maintain a reasonable speed in front than use the fast,slow,fast tactic. Consistency in tempo is  what wins races.

yes a good effort in my opinion as hard coming from the back in a mile race anytime.

But he could either go first around or wait for the Aussie behind him to take off from last place in the run,  and trail him up and take the chance he could still 'Arrive in time' . which he did and judged it so right yet again . His owner of the second horse mightened be too happy ?? lol. Mark will have to butter her up nicely about the $35k difference lol.

• Haha 1