Bit Of A Yarn

Anyone notice this? Entain's chequered past.

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

I’ve done my homework regarding a VPN. Gonna be easy to set up on a personal iPhone, which is where I bet 100%. If I had to give up betting with Aus operators, I would just give up gambling. I hate people trying to control

Unfortunately you'll probably have to find increasingly novel and creative ways of getting around the systems in place.  The other downside is that the TAB will spend more and more punters money to control it.

When at the end of the day all they need to do is provide a competitive product that is easy to purchase.

No the long failed concept of a statutory monopoly appeals more to the lazy and incompetent.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Unfortunately you'll probably have to find increasingly novel and creative ways of getting around the systems in place.  The other downside is that the TAB will spend more and more punters money to control it.

When at the end of the day all they need to do is provide a competitive product that is easy to purchase.

No the long failed concept of a statutory monopoly appeals more to the lazy and incompetent.

So you don’t think that even with an Australian VPN address, that I won’t be able to bet in Aussie? 
Sportsbet allow Australian & NZ punters only, do you think that NZ government can control where we can bet? Or will it be Sportsbet that cancel NZers accounts? 
Surely if government stop punting overseas, that will affect all gambling? What about EBay, they miss out on gst  outlaw EBay make them buy trademe, where will it end. 
Still trying to find out will overseas punters will be able to bet with Entain / Tab??? They need to be open

33 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

do you think that NZ government can control where we can bet?

Surely if government stop punting overseas, that will affect all gambling? 

I think no on the first point.

And yes on the second point.

I think this has not been well thought out to the end.  It's a "let's grab a lifeline and worry about the details later" mentality.

2 hours ago, Special Agent said:

I think no on the first point.

And yes on the second point.

I think this has not been well thought out to the end.  It's a "let's grab a lifeline and worry about the details later" mentality.

Will be interesting if they push ahead with blocking. If they want to take NZ racing to the world, they will want those overseas to punt with Entain /Tab?? But don’t want NZers betting elsewhere? 

Talk about having ya cake and eat it too…. Could backfire

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Will be interesting if they push ahead with blocking. If they want to take NZ racing to the world, they will want those overseas to punt with Entain /Tab?? But don’t want NZers betting elsewhere? 

Talk about having ya cake and eat it too…. Could backfire

This statement from Entain should alarm participants in racing.

“We believe this 25-year strategic partnering arrangement will be a game changer for sports betting in New Zealand and we are pleased that it will help provide significant financial benefits to the three New Zealand racing codes and the vast array of national sporting organisations.

Reworded "It's going to be a game changer for sports betting and with a bit of luck might benefit racing."

15 hours ago, Special Agent said:

Everything about Entain alarms me!!

I would actually be alarmed at NZTR. Their silence has been shocking. Only a few aware of the details. They weren't directly party to the deal so didn't need to be secretive. They required to be consulted which meant consulting with all groups e.g. jockeys, trainers etc. 

Racing had leaverage over the TAB. That leverage has been lost as the sports people always wanted. Given away by George & Sharrock without a bleat. 

I'm not a technical wizard but did I see somewhere re the VPNs to access overseas betting agencies might work as such, the saviour for Entain though is that they get the banks to refuse deposits/withdrawals from said overseas accounts out of and in to Credit card accounts ?

Is that an option for Entain ?