Bit Of A Yarn

Your Views Please!

Race 1 today at Echuca , Our Red Morning.

Ex kiwi horse which I thought was a good bet. Stuck a bit on it, had the perfect trail yet stayed there the whole way up straight to finish well back? 
Now, it was hard to see if gap was there or not, thought early in straight Zac Spain could have pushed through, but maybe not? 
Give us your views please, want to see what others think before I add to Black Book 👍

Certainly interesting. The jockey made no effort at all to put it into the race. Looked to be a bit of a gap if he wanted to push out. However the placegetters all swooped down the outside so it may have been swamped even if it had got out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doomed said:

Certainly interesting. The jockey made no effort at all to put it into the race. Looked to be a bit of a gap if he wanted to push out. However the placegetters all swooped down the outside so it may have been swamped even if it had got out.

Thought same as you, swoopers came hard at the finish. 
Looked to have half a gap early on, most races you would see jockeys go for it. 
Just trying to get a line on it, who knows, maybe trainer said to go easy on it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/06/2023 at 3:17 PM, Newmarket said:

Race 1 today at Echuca , Our Red Morning.

Ex kiwi horse which I thought was a good bet. Stuck a bit on it, had the perfect trail yet stayed there the whole way up straight to finish well back? 
Now, it was hard to see if gap was there or not, thought early in straight Zac Spain could have pushed through, but maybe not? 
Give us your views please, want to see what others think before I add to Black Book 👍

Sir, You have been recommended for a knighthood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Ha, not sure about that. 

Didnt see race but I see it won, pity I halved my bet from last time but happy with result👍

It was super impressive. They really rated the 2nd horse and there was daylight to third. The commentator started talking up the horse before the race and the things he was saying led me to believe he reads this forum. Well spotted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Centaur said:

It was super impressive. They really rated the 2nd horse and there was daylight to third. The commentator started talking up the horse before the race and the things he was saying led me to believe he reads this forum. Well spotted.

The commentator was very keen on the horse last time and thought he was very unlucky.

• Like 1