Bit Of A Yarn

Jason Grimson wins appeal - brawl conviction quashed!

Chief Stipe

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Are you thick?

After an Appeal and submissions they reduced the penalty (which I agree with as the original penalty was a bit harsh)

Pretty simple to understand

Are you having trouble?

Doh!  So you agree the original penalty didn't match the findings i.e. it was more than a "bit harsh" given the crime.

"Although a severe penalty is merited by the circumstances the Panel considers that the penalty imposed upon the Applicant to have been excessive."

rap-48-decision.pdf

On 20/09/2023 at 9:51 PM, Michael said:

Pretty sure that verbal assault isn't as bad as physical assault Gamma (especially a cheap shot)

But no doubt you'll disagree

On 22/09/2023 at 4:30 PM, Michael said:

Let me put it this way, if I king hit someone in the Pub and then get dragged into Court and my defence was "but Chief Stipe said it's ok because he was saying nasty things about me" what do you think my chances are of getting off?

Aren't you being a little bit disingenious with the truth?  Russo clearly instigated the fight, Downey slapped Russo after telling him to shut up and warning him he would slap him then Russon punched Downey and also assaulted Grimson who initially tried to calm the situation.  

Russo is (was) an employee of the Brisbane Racing Club.  The Club initially informed Russo after the first decision that he could no longer work for them.  The Queensland Racing Appeals Panel reconfirmed his warning off of all racecourses for 6 months but clarified that under the rules he would still be able to perform his duties for the Brisbane Racing Club.

rap-50-decision.pdf

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Aren't you being a little bit disingenious with the truth?  Russo clearly instigated the fight, Downey slapped Russo after telling him to shut up and warning him he would slap him then Russon punched Downey and also assaulted Grimson who initially tried to calm the situation.  

Russo is (was) an employee of the Brisbane Racing Club.  The Club initially informed Russo after the first decision that he could no longer work for them.  The Queensland Racing Appeals Panel reconfirmed his warning off of all racecourses for 6 months but clarified that under the rules he would still be able to perform his duties for the Brisbane Racing Club.

rap-50-decision.pdf 165.64 kB · 0 downloads

You obviously haven't seen the video

Wasn't the cheap shot afterwards, while the guy (whether the instigator or not) was being held?

That's nil

33 minutes ago, Michael said:

You obviously haven't seen the video

Wasn't the cheap shot afterwards, while the guy (whether the instigator or not) was being held?

That's nil

Oh so the official report isn't entirely accurate?

Regardless Russo as the instigator got what he deserved and lucky not to lose his job.

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

You're obviously reading something I didn't write!  Russo was lucky to get the penalty he did from the Appeal process and he was lucky to retain his job.  Have no idea how your mind works to connect it to something unrelated.

I think your mind works strangely

You appear to just want to take the opposing view and posture, like a Devil's Advocate over reaction

I'll put it simply for you so that you can understand

I don't give a rat's arse about the brawl, nor the penalty(s), nor who instigated it

All I'm saying is hitting someone afterwards whist the guy is being held by Security is a cheap shot

Grimson on reflection must agree, after all he rang and apologised (his words)

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I don't give a rat's arse about the brawl, nor the penalty(s), nor who instigated it

Exactly - you appear to have an inability to see the whole picture.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Grimson on reflection must agree, after all he rang and apologised (his words)

Has Russo apologised for instigating the ruckus?  Your bias knows no bounds.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

I'll put it simply for you so that you can understand

All I'm saying is hitting someone afterwards whist the guy is being held by Security is a cheap shot

Doesn't appear that way. You've carried on several times wanting heads to roll (alleging cheap shots ad-nauseum blah blah) and criticise people's opinion of 'Just get over it and move on'.  One used to say in these situations "Take it outside boys" (or girls) if having a loud fracas in public spots. a few drinks stoked up a bit of bravado . wow-wee. 

maybe if you're Not giving a rat's arse you are giving a dog's dick ? lol  😁

On 9/29/2023 at 11:14 AM, Gammalite said:

Doesn't appear that way. You've carried on several times wanting heads to roll (alleging cheap shots ad-nauseum blah blah) and criticise people's opinion of 'Just get over it and move on'.  One used to say in these situations "Take it outside boys" (or girls) if having a loud fracas in public spots. a few drinks stoked up a bit of bravado . wow-wee. 

maybe if you're Not giving a rat's arse you are giving a dog's dick ? lol  😁

Not at all Gammalite

I've been very consistent

I haven't critiqued the brawl, I haven't critiqued the penalty

All I've ever done is say it was a cheap shot to hit someone being held (even if he had been calling someone names Chief)

On 9/29/2023 at 10:06 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Exactly - you appear to have an inability to see the whole picture.

Has Russo apologised for instigating the ruckus?  Your bias knows no bounds.

No bias at all, don't know either of them and don't care

Your attitude is that it's ok to king hit someone who is being held by a 3rd person or persons just because he insulted you?

You're being a tosser

38 minutes ago, Michael said:

Your attitude is that it's ok to king hit someone who is being held by a 3rd person or persons just because he insulted you?

It wasn't just an insult - it was an accusation of cheating.  

I can only imagine your reaction if I called you a liar and a cheat in a bar.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

It wasn't just an insult - it was an accusation of cheating.  

I can only imagine your reaction if I called you a liar and a cheat in a bar.

Yes, you can imagine my reaction....but I doubt I'd escape a conviction if my defence was "but Judge, he was mean to me verbally"

After an Appeal and submissions they reduced the penalty (which I agree with as the original penalty was a bit harsh)

And? I agreed that lowering the penalty was ok. So what?

That doesn't mean I critiqued or criticised the earlier penalty

You're going off on a petty tirade and tangent

If you agree it's ok to hit someone while he's being held by someone else just say so Chief